KCCI Meet & Greet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Chamber of Commerce and Industry will be holding their latest 6-weekly Meet & Greet at the premises of O'Reilly Nunn Favier - Surveyors in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 5:30pm onwards this evening. Tonight's meeting will feature presentations by SBRC Mayor Wayne Kratzmann, Merv O’Reilly from O’Reilly Nunn Favier, Jacqui Henschen from South Burnett TAFE, and Barry Byrne from Commerce Queensland, as well as several short talks by other local businesses. There's a $10 admission charge to cover drinks and nibbles, but everyone is welcome (though an RSVP by July 6th would be appreciated to assist with catering). More details? Email the KCCI by clicking here.
Nanango Show Society Meeting
- The Nanango Show Society will be holding its regular second Monday of the month meeting at the Showgrounds in Cairns Street, Nanango at 7:30pm this evening. All interested people who'd like to get involved in the Showground's operations are very welcome to attend. More details? Phone the Show Society's secretary on (07) 4163-1273.
Back To School
- Term 3 begins today and all school children are required to return to class this morning. Motorists should note that reduced speed limits will apply around all schools from this morning too - so drive slowly if you want to avoid a speeding ticket. Term 3 will conclude on Friday 21st September.
Kingaroy Quota Club Meeting
- The Kingaroy Quota Club will be holding its regular second Monday of the month meeting at the Biscuit Tin (15 Albert Street in Kingaroy) at 7:00pm this evening. New members are very welcome. More details? Phone Wendy on (07) 4162-8485.
Funky Teapot Fun Day - Kingaroy
- As part of the up-coming Tractor Tattoo festival, Jumping Ant Arts will be hosting a Funky Teapot Fun Day at the 1913 Council Chambers in Albert Street, Kingaroy today. Under the expert guidance of ceramic artist Suvira McDonald MA, participants will be able to create their own unique slab teapot and see it displayed at a special "Tea And Tractors" exhibition in September. Participation in today's event costs $10 (which covers the cost of firing and glazing your teapot) and everyone is welcome! You can find out more and/or book a seat by phoning (07) 4168-1925 or (0488) 194-850.
Monday Evening Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held in the Blackbutt Community Hall on the D'Aguilar Highway at Blackbutt from 7:00pm this evening. There'll be 16 games overall as well as two continual jackpots. Everyone is welcome.
Cards & Bowls Afternoon - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be holding their regular Monday afternoon indoor bowls and cards competitions at their centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy (opposite Super IGA) from 1:00pm onwards today. The $2 admission includes a cup of tea and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4163-6191.
Warren Truss - Woolooga, Kilkivan, Goomeri, Murgon and Widgee
- Federal Member for Wide Bay Warren Truss will be meeting local constituents to hear any issues of concern that he may be able to assist them with today, including Centrelink matters, Veterans Affairs, immigration, education or taxation. Mr. Truss will be holding meetings in Woolooga next to the community hall at 9:00am; at the former Kilkivan Shire Council offices in Bligh Street, Kilkivan at 10:00am; the Goomeri SES office at 11:30am; the former Murgon Shire Council chambers in Stephens Street West, Murgon at 1:30pm; and finally the Widgee Community Complex in Widgee at 3:30pm. You can make an appointment for any of these sessions by phoning his office on 1300 301-968.