2012 State Of Origin Final
- The third (and final) 2012 State Of Origin match between the Queensland Maroons and the NSW Blues will be held at Suncorp Stadium at 8:00pm tonight. The Maroons are striving for their seventh consecutive State Of Origin series win and with the current score now level at one-all, the Blues are mighty desperate to stop them and the Maroons are equally desperate to win. This means tonight's match should be really great, edge-of-the-seat footy and well worth watching. Naturally, South Burnett footy fans will be glued to TV screens around the region. But several local pubs and clubs will also be getting into the State Of Origin spirit tonight with big screen telecasts if you'd prefer to share the experience with other fans. Venues you can drop into to watch tonight's game include:
- • The Commercial Hotel in Glendon Street, Kingaroy
- • The Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy
- • The Tingoora Hotel on the Bunya Highway at Tingoora
- • The Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with $800 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome! For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Wondai
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experiences, strengths and hopes with each other to help solve their common problems and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership, and AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. AA Murgon meets in Wondai at the Lutheran Hall at 39 Edward Street every Wednesday at 7:30pm. More details? Phone (07) 4168-9715 or (0407) 150-216.
Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group Meeting - Wondai
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be holding a Christmas In July excursion to Dimities Cottage in Wondai today. The group meet on the first Wednesday of each month (except January) at the Kingaroy Community Centre at 130 Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy at 10:00am to provide support for arthritis and osteoporosis sufferers. For today's get-together, though, you should arrive at the Comnmunity Centre by 9:30am for a 9:45am departure. New members are always welcome! More details? Email June.
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Timbertown Woodworkers Group Meeting - Blackbutt
- The Timbertown Woodworkers Group will be holding their regular Wednesday meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:00am until around 4:00pm today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389