Wool Spinning Demonstration - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery's Winter Craft Festival will be running throughout June and July, and today Julia and Kirsten Jeffery from the Alpaca Collective will be demonstrating wool spinning from 10:00am to 1:00pm to complement the Alpaca Collective's woollen fashions exhibition (which is also on display this month). The Gallery is located in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) and there's no fee to view the exhibition or Julia and Kirsten's demonstration.
Tuesday Night Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 7:00pm tonight (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the BDTHA on 0458-539-821 or send them an email.
Nanango Indoor Bowls
- The Nanango Indoor Bowls Association will be holding their regular weekly indoor bowls matches at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango from 12:30pm (for a 1:00pm start) to around 4:00pm this afternoon. New players are always very welcome. More details? Phone Gary on 0487-853-617.
Tuesday Night Trivia - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street will be holding a free Trivia Night from 7:30pm this evening. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Yarraman Indoor Bowls
- The Yarraman Indoor Bowls group will be holding their weekly meeting at the Lutheran Church Hall in McDaniel Street, Yarraman at 9:00am this morning. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Rod on 0400-523-330.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their workshop buildings at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for their regular Tuesday get-together this morning, kicking off with a cuppa around 8:00am and continuing on until around noon. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Wondai Indoor Bowls
- The Wondai Indoor Bowls club will be holding their regular Tuesday night meeting at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 7:15pm this evening. New players are always welcome! More details? Phone Brian on (07) 4168-5650
Kingaroy Men's Shed
- The Kingaroy Men's Shed will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the old Motor Pool building off Geoff Raph Drive at Kingaroy Airport from 9:00am to around noon today. The group meet every Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday morning and new members and visitors are always welcome.
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to around noon this morning (COVID Safe rules apply). New members - male and female - are very welcome, and you should BYO morning tea. More details? Call Jocelyn on 0409-275-915 or send an email
Tuesday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around noon this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4164-5574.
Claude The Lawnmower Man - Murgon
- Claude Harvey, who pushes a lawnmower around the towns of Australia to raise funds for Bravehearts, will be visiting Murgon today as part of a four-day stroll through the South Burnett. Anyone is welcome to come talk with him, or you can interact with Claude through his Facebook page.
Kilkivan Show & Campdraft Association Meeting
- The Kilkivan Show & Campdraft Association will be holding a meeting upstairs at the Kilkivan Hotel in Bligh Street at 5:30pm tonight to discuss the state of the Equestrian Centre arena's surface, the up-coming campdraft program and jobs for campdraft day. All interested people who'd like to get involved are very welcome.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Nanango
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership, nor is it allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Nanango every Tuesday from 4:00pm at the Catholic Church hall at the corner of Alfred and Gipps Street. For more information, phone 0427-289-990.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.