Blackbutt Country Markets
- The Blackbutt Lions Country Markets - run on the third Sunday of every month - will be held at Les Muller Park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00am until around mid-day today. The markets offer a wide range of locally produced arts, crafts and freshly harvested foodstuffs and everyone is welcome along!
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Wool Spinning Demonstration - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery's Winter Craft Festival will be running throughout June and July, and today Julia and Kirsten Jeffery from the Alpaca Collective will be demonstrating wool spinning from 9:00am to 1:00pm to complement the Alpaca Collective's woollen fashions exhibition (which is also on display this month). The Gallery is located in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) and there's no fee to view the exhibition or Julia and Kirsten's demonstration.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Open Mic Afternoon - Nanango
- The Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be hosting an Open Mic Afternoon from 1:00pm to around 5:30pm today, led by the Mr Q Duo. A PA system is supplied - just bring your voice and/or instrument - and there's no admission. More info? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-1287.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.