South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Monday meeting at their club's workshop in the shed at the rear of 44 Alford Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 2:30pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427
Proston QCWA Crafts Group
- The Proston QCWA Crafts Group will be holding their regular Monday meeting at the Proston QCWA Rooms in Rodney Street from 9:00am today. The group's members pursue a wide variety of crafts and you don't need to be a QCWA member to attend and join in. More details? Phone Eileen on 0429-856-770 or Cheryl on 0409-361-989.
Nanango Wellbeing Initiative
- POSTPONED: A Nanango Wellbeing Initiative workshop will be held at the Old Masonic Hall in Gipps Street, Nanango from 5:30pm to around 7:30pm this evening to look at ways to build resilience, create positive change and ultimately save lives in the community. The workshop is being sponsored by Heritage Bank Nanango and has been organised by the Nanango Tourism & Development Association, and will be presented by Bunyarra Counselling. The workshop is free but places are limited so an RSVP is essential. You can book a seat by phoning Skye on 0438-513-335 or Gloria on 0417-608-754. Note: southburnett.com.au has been advised that contrary to information supplied, dates for this event have yet to be confirmed. We aplogise to any readers who were inconvenienced by this.
Line Dancing - Proston
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston at 6:30pm tonight. New dancers are always welcome.
Mobile Women's Health Clinic - Proston
- The Mobile Women's Health Clinic will be visiting Proston Community Health at Brigooda Road, Proston today. The clinic offers a range of screening services as well as advice about women's health issues and it's free. You can book an appointment by phoning 0408-762-170. You can also read more about this clinic on our website
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to around 12:30pm today for its regular Monday get-together. The Men's Shed meets most Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone 0491-102-087
Sing Australia - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her.
Teen Fit Boxing - Murgon
- The South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon will be running a free Teen Fit Boxing class from 4:30pm to 5:00pm this afternoon for young people aged 12-19. The class teaches boxing fitness and runs every Monday afternoon except during school holidays. The PCYC bus can also drop participants off at home after class if they need transport. More det6ails? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889.
Wondai SES Training Night
- The Wondai SES will be holding their weekly training night at their shed at 22 McCord Street, Wondai from 6:30pm to around 8:00pm tonight. New members are always welcome! More details? Email Craig
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Proston SES Training Night
- The Proston SES group will be meeting at their shed at the corner of Collingwood and Nelson Streets in Proston at 5:30pm this evening for their regular weekly training night. New members are very welcome!
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.