September 1, 2021
The Darling Downs Health mobile women’s health nurses have clinics planned this month in Wondai, Proston, Kingaroy, Nanango and Blackbutt.
The clinics are free and confidential and offer a range of services, including cervical screening tests, breast awareness, sexual health testing and advice for issues such as incontinence, menopause, family planning, contraception and general wellbeing.
There are three health nurses in the Darling Downs team: Barbara Milne, Kathy Anning and Marcia Hunt.
Ms Hunt, who covers the north-east region – including the South Burnett – said it was important to get cervical screenings tests when they were due, as they are the best protection against cervical cancer.
“While the test is every five years, we really encourage women to book into our clinics if they have any concerns, or if something doesn’t feel right,” Ms Hunt said.
Clinics will be held during September at:
- September 6 – Wondai Hospital, ph (07) 4169-2600
- September 10 – Kingaroy Medical Centre, ph (07) 4564-7101
- September 13 – Proston Community Health, ph (07) 4168-9288
- September 14 – Nanango Hospital, ph (07) 4171-6700
- September 15 – Kingaroy Medical Centre, ph (07) 4564-7101
- September 24 – Taabinga Family Practice, Kingaroy, ph (07) 4162-3116
- September 30 – Blackbutt Medical Centre, ph (07) 4169-8203.