Men's Workshop - Kingaroy
- Marcus Mission will be holding an informal BBQ and workshop for men at the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy this afternoon. A BBQ will run from 4:30pm to around 5:30pm, followed by the workshop which will run until 7:30pm. The workshop runs on the first Thursday of each month and there's no charge to attend. More details? Phone Glen on 0419-750-607.
Kilkivan QCWA Meeting
- Kilkivan QCWA will be holding its first Thursday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Park Street from 10:00am this morning. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Linda on 0434-709-369 or Debbie on 0410-069-149
South Burnett Toastmasters
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 6:45pm (for a 7:00pm start) this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Yarraman Progress Association Meeting
- The Yarraman Progress Association will be holding its monthly meeting at the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street at 6:00pm tonight. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 8:30am this morning (doors open at 8:30am; eyes down at 9:30am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Thursday meeting at their club's workshop in the shed at the rear of 44 Alford Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 2:30pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427
Goomeri Social Art & Craft Club
- The Goomeri Social Art & Craft Club will be holding its fortnightly meeting at Goomeri's Pumpkin Central offices in Moore Street from 9:00am to around 11:00am this morning. Guests are encouraged to bring along their latest creative project (of whatever type) for input from other members and morning tea will be supplied. The club meets every second Thursday and new members are always welcome.
Blackbutt-Benarkin Aged Care Association
- The Blackbutt & Benarkin Aged Care Association will be holding its first Thursday of the month meeting at the Blackbutt Medical Centre at 91 Coulson Street in Blackbutt from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm this evening. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Jeff Connor on 0448-946-702.
Blackbutt Music Festival
- CANCELLED: The second day of the inaugural four-day Blackbutt Music Festival featuring country and bluegrass musicians will be held at Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt today. The festival is being organised by the Bloomin' Beautiful Blackbutt committee, and walk-up competitions will be running from Wednesday to Saturday followed by a main concert on Saturday night at the nearby Blackbutt Memorial Hall. Tickets can be booked online. Note: This event was cancelled in August 2021 due to pandemic concerns.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 8:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price ($30 to $40) for people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.