Heritage Nanango Country Muster
- The second day of the annual four-day Heritage Nanango Country Music Muster will get underway at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street at 7:00am today. This year's festival will feature more than 14 top top bush balladeers and traditional country music artists including Dean Perrett, Brian Letton, Lloyd Back and Jeff Brown. A canteen and bar will be operating all week and caravan and camping spots are available at the showgrounds (phone 0429-631-273 to book a site). Today's events include a Poets Breakfast (7:00am to 10:00am), the official opening (11:00am to noon) and live music on the main stage (noon to late). Entry for today's activities is $20, or you can buy an all-weekend pass for $50. More info? Phone (07) 4163-1273.
Godspell - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy State High School will be presenting their first performance of the 1971 off-Broadway musical "Godspell" at the Kingaroy Performing Arts Centre at the end of Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm tonight (doors open 30 minutes before the performance). Godspell recounts the story of the gospels according to St Matthew and has been running around the world ever since it debuted in New York. One of the songs from the show - "Day By Day" - has also become a classic hit. Tickets to tonight's performance are $20 for adults and $15 for concessions and they can be booked in advance by phoning KSHS on (07) 4160-0666. Note: Two additional performances will be held at the same venue at 1:00pm and 7:00pm tomorrow.
COVID Vaccination Clinic - Cherbourg
- The Darling Downs Hospital & Health Service will be running a COVID Vaccination Clinic using Pfizer vaccines at Cherbourg Hall in Barambah Avenue, Cherbourg from 8:00am to 12:00 noon today. Vaccination is free and everyone is welcome - just bring your Medicare card and a pen. Today's clinic is for people who haven't had their first vaccination shot yet. You can also read more about this clinic on our website
Mobile Women's Health Clinic - Kingaroy
- The Mobile Women's Health Clinic will be visiting the Kingaroy Medical Centre at 163 Youngman Street, Kingaroy today. The clinic offers a range of screening services as well as advice about women's health issues and it's free. You can book an appointment by phoning 0408-762-170. You can also read more about this clinic on our website
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Learn Plastic Dry-Point Etching - Kingaroy
- South Burnett artist Fran van Vegchel will be teaching the art of plastic dry-point etching at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) between 10:00am and 3:00pm today. Fran will demonstrate and then students will be invited to "have a go". The cost of the class is $10 (all materials are supplied) and a portable etching press will be available as well. You can book a place in today's course by phoning the Gallery on (07) 4189-9323.
Visit South Burnett RSVP Deadline
- Today is the last day you can book a seat at Visit South Burnett's Meet & Greet at the Wondai Colonial Motel next Friday night, September 17 (see entry that day for all details).
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Lisa Millar Bus Trip RSVP Deadline
- Today is the last day you can book and pay for a ticket (if any are still available) on a bus tour around Kilkivan next Friday with ABC Breakfast host Lisa Millar (see the entry on Friday, September 17 for all details)
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
Kingaroy QCWA Meeting
- The Kingaroy QCWA will be holding its monthly meeting at its rooms in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy (just next to the RSL) from 9:30am this morning. All women are welcome to join the branch - you don't need to be able to cook or sew - and if you join today they'll throw in 3 months membership for free. The QCWA are a fun bunch of girls and they will happily teach you any craft or skill you want to learn. All women are welcome! More details? Phone Lois on 0407-965-094.
South Burnett Autism Support Group
- The South Burnett Autism Support Group will be holding its second Friday of the month meeting at the Salvation Army Hall at 107 Kingaroy St, Kingaroy at 6:30pm this evening (child care is available for a small fee). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Jenny after hours on (07) 4164-1107.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.