There was only a lonely wreath on the Anzac statue in Kingaroy’s Memorial Park at dawn last year … this year all normal services around the South Burnett should be able to go ahead

February 23, 2021

Queensland’s Anzac Day commemorations will go ahead as normal after an announcement by Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on Tuesday morning.

The Premier said Dawn Services, marches and other commemorations could go ahead.

“Every single Queenslander responded to the call to stop the spread of the virus,” Mrs Palaszczuk said.

“That has allowed us to ease our restrictions further and faster throughout the pandemic. It means we can gather in our streets and at cenotaphs to mark the sacrifices of previous generations, serving men and women and their families.

“This freedom should be commemorated and never forgotten.

“I discussed Anzac Day with Dr Young and she is fully supportive of allowing crowds back to mark this special day.”

Outdoor events, including Dawn Services, will proceed without the need for check-in procedures.

Indoor events, such as at RSL Clubs, will require normal sign-ins.

The Premier said Dr Young was confident, should contact tracing be required, those attending services would step forward.

RSL Queensland State President Tony Ferris praised the decision.

“The RSL is overjoyed,” he said.

“The communities and our veterans will be able to step out with their comrades so a great day for Queensland.”


Tarong Community Partnership Fund - click here
Anderssons Fruit Market for quality fruits and vegetables

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.