southburnett.com.au
What's On In The South Burnett Today?

Qld COVID-19 Cases Now 493

Filed under Breaking News, COVID-19, Health, Latest News

Queensland’s Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young

March 26, 2020

Queensland is “holding its own” when it comes to COVID-19, Queensland’s Chief Health Officer, Dr Jeannette Young, said on Thursday.

The number of confirmed cases in the State is now 493, up 50 from Wednesday, but there are currently no cases in intensive care.

Dr Young also emphasised it was safe to vote in the Local Government elections on Saturday.

She said the risk of going to a bottleshop or a supermarket were “far far higher” than voting on Saturday.

“Go in, vote and leave. If people do that, there is no risk at all,” she said.

Health Minister Steven Miles said there had been 40,946 people tested for COVID-19 in Queensland so far, a “world-leading” level of testing.

Queensland has 50 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) raising the state total to 493.

The total number of confirmed cases in the Darling Downs Health Region is now 17: 15 in Toowoomba, one in Kingaroy, and one in Warwick.

In the Wide Bay Health Region, the number is now 12, up five.

The areas with the largest number of confirmed cases continue to be Metro North (144), Metro South (123), Gold Coast (91) and Sunshine Coast (56).

The total number of positive cases across Australia is 2799; 13 people have died.

[UPDATED]
 

 

Live press conference: Update about novel coronavirus (COVID-19) 26/03/20

Posted by Queensland Health on Thursday, March 26, 2020


SPONSORED LINKS:
Protect yourself from COVID-19 - click hereEat fresh at Anderssons Fruit Market - click here
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *