November 22, 2016
AGL has received 24 submissions on its draft Environmental Impact Statement for the Coopers Gap wind farm.
Topics covered included noise and potential economic benefits.
The public exhibition period for the EIS closed on November 7.
AGL Project Manager Evan Carless said on Tuesday the submissions, , including a number from government agencies, were now being reviewed.
“Now we will review and update the EIS to address submissions where required, with a view to submitting the final EIS to the Office of the Coordinator General (OCG) by the end of the year,” Mr Carless said.
“From here, the OCG will use our final EIS to prepare its report, which will enable a final determination. This is be expected early next year.
“While we still have some time to go before a final decision is made on progressing the project to construction, finalising the EIS is another positive step forward for the project.”
Local residents have been invited to attend the next meeting of the Coopers Gap Wind Farm Community Consultative Committee on Thursday (November 24) from 4:00pm-6:00pm at the Cooranga North Memorial Hall at 41 Cooranga North Niagara Road, Cooranga North.
- Drop-In Sessions On Wind Farm
- Coopers Gap EIS To Open For Comment
- AGL Submits Coopers Gap EIS
- What’s In It For The South Burnett?
- Wind Farm Takes Another Step
- Wind Farm Burden Lifted From Councils
- Wind Farm Meeting Draws A Crowd
- Wind Farm Committee To Meet
- Consultation Opens On Wind Farm Proposal
- Wind Farm Terms Being Drafted
- 2017 Start For Wind Farm Project
- Feedback Sought On Wind Farm Code
- Anti-Wind Farm Voices Speak Out
- Guidelines Being Drafted For Wind Farm
- Wind Farm Supporters Deny Community Split
- MP ‘Deceived By Anti-Wind Lobby’
- Wind Farms ‘A Fraud’: MP
- Local Residents Back Wind Farms
- Mayor Upset By Wind Farm ‘Misinformation’
- Pro-Wind Farm Group Meets In Dalby
- Frustration Over Wind Farm Limbo
- Xenophon Offers To Talk To Residents
- Council Wants 2km Buffer Zone Around Wind Farms
- MP Calls For 2km Zone Around Wind Farm
- Committee Formed To Discuss Wind Farm Proposal
- Mayor-Elect Wants Council To Take Lead Role