Biggest Morning Tea - Blackbutt
- A Biggest Morning Tea to help raise funds for the Queensland Cancer Council will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 10:00am to around noon today (doors open at 9:30am). The Christian Churches Auxiliary and members of the choir will provide yummy food and drinks, and the Blackbutt Singers will entertain with a selection of well-known songs made famous by The Seekers. There'll also be a decorated cupcake contest, raffles, prizes for the best-dressed (this years theme is 'Hootenanny Party'), and lots of fun and laughter. Tickets are just $12 per adult and can be obtained in advance from the Blackbutt Visitor Information Centre in Hart Street. Unless sold out, some will also be available at the door today. Everyone is welcome! More details? Send an email or check out the Facebook page.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Heritage House Dinner - Yarraman
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be holding their monthly dinner at 6:00pm this evening. Heritage House's monthly dinners are always an inexpensive fun night out with great entertainment, but to help plan the catering you'll need to phone (07) 4163-8111 to make a booking. Everyone is welcome!
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.