Wednesday, 15 May 2019
Add your event
Tick Line Review Meeting - Upper Yarraman
- The committee established by the State Government in March to review how the new boundaries of the Tick Line are working out will be holding a public meeting today to gather feedback from interested cattle producers. It will be held at the Upper Yarraman Hall at Upper Yarraman at 2:00pm this afternoon. All interested people are encouraged to attend
South Burnett Regional Council Meeting - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding its monthly general meeting at the Glendon Street Council Chambers in Kingaroy at 9:00am this morning. Meetings are open to the public.
Nanango National Seniors
- The Nanango branch of National seniors will be holding its third Wednesday of the month meeting at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango this morning. The meeting will kick off with an informal cuppa around 9:30am before proceedings get underway at 10:00am. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone John on (07) 4163-6626.
Domestic Violence Sausage Sizzle - Murgon
- Graham House Community Centre will be holding a free sausage sizzle at their premises at 48 Stephens Street West, Murgon at 9:00am this morning to raise awareness about domestic violence. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Graham House on (07) 4169-8400.
Wednesday Afternoon Games - Blackbutt
- The Roy Emerson Museum at the end of Hart Street in Blackbutt will be hosting Wednesday afternoon board games from 2:00pm to around 4:00pm today. There'll be a big range of popular board games on offer, but guests are welcome to bring their own if they wish. Playing fees are just $2, which includes afternoon tea or coffee (BYO mug), and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jackie on 0438-785-009.
Aussie Bingo - Murgon
- Bingo games will be played at the Australian Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon this morning, with eyes down at 10:30am. Everyone is welcome.
Proston Round Table Meeting
- The Proston Round Table community discussion forum will be holding a dinner meeting at the Proston Bowls Club in Murphy way (just around the corner from Proston Rural) tonight. The meeting will be preceded by a $2.50 sausage sizzle and the bar will also be open. Dinner commences at 6:00pm and the meeting will start at 6:30pm. All interested locals are welcome to attend, but an RSVP would be appreciated to help plan the catering. You can make one by email.
Connections Craft Group
- The Connections Craft Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 12:00 noon to around 2:00pm this afternoon. Members can bring their own craft project, or join in an activity the group is doing. Everyone is welcome and morning tea is provided for a gold coin donation. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Rising Stars Playgroup - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Rising Stars Playgroup will be meeting at the Yarraman P9 State School Meeting Room between 8:45am and 10:30am this morning. Children involved in the playgroup will get to enjoy a morning of indoor and outdoor play and fun; develop pre-reading and pre-writing skills; form strong relationships with other children; and transition to school more smoothly. If you're bringing your child along, you should also bring along morning tea, a water bottle, a hat, closwed-in shoes suitable for climbing and old clothes (sunscreen will be provided). The playgroup meets every Wednesday during school terms. More details? Phone the school on (07) 4173-7333
Wednesday Night Dance Class
- Dance classes will be held at Inverlaw Hall in Inverlaw from 7:30pm tonight. The classes are a great way to learn ballroom dancing classics like the Quick Step, Jazz Waltz, Swing Waltz, Evening Three Step and many more, and class fees are just $4. More details? Phone David on 0459-228-882.
Wednesday Night Poker
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Murgon Rotary Club
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
- The Kingaroy Ukesters ukulele group will be holding their weekly meeting in The Hub Room of Kingaroy's Orana Aged Care Facility from 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The group meets every Wednesday for a group play and sing-along session, and members range from raw beginners to experts. New members are always very welcome, and fun tuition for the world's easiest to play instrument is always available. More details? Phone Dorothy on 0419-778-015 or Neil on 0400-478-378.
Wednesday Morning Bridge
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Mondays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Blackbutt Camera Club
- The Blackbutt Camera Club will be holding a meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 4:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. The club meets on the first and third Wednesdays of every month except December and January. The first Wednesday is devoted to practical photography (bring your own camera and equipment) and the third Wednesday to a review of those images and talks and tips on software (bring your laptop), followed by a committee meeting at 7:00pm. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Annette on (07) 4163-0148 or send her an email.
Kingaroy Carers Group
- The Kingaroy Carers Group will be holding their regular third Wednesday of the month meeting at the Kingaroy RSL's Function Room in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 10:30am to 12:30pm this morning. The group is open to anyone who acts as a carer. It's designed to provide a social and networking outlet for carers, who often find themselves isolated by their role. The group provides coffee, cake, companionship, support and information and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the Care for Carers team on (07) 4150 1900 or email them.
Ringsfield Readers Book Club - Nanango
- The Ringsfield Readers Book Club and Book Exchange will be holding its monthly meeting at Ringsfield House at 41-45 Alfred Street, Nanango at 10:00am this morning. Book Club members can exchange books for free, or for a small donation if they don't have a book, during Ringsfield's trading hours. Club members also have access to a cake and coffee deal at the meetings, which are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
NDIS Information Session - Yarraman
- Local Area Coordinators from Toowoomba NDIS Partner Carers Queensland will be at the Yarraman Library in Toomey Street, Yarraman from 10:00am to 12:00 noon this morning to provide information, answer questions and support people wanting to access the NDIS. These free sessions will be useful to anyone who may potentially become an NDIS participant, or their supports.
Blackbutt Red Cross
- The Blackbutt branch of the Australian Red Cross will be holding their 3rd Wednesday of the month meeting at the Blackbutt tennis clubhouse in Hart Street, Blackbutt at 9:30am this morning. New members are always welcome.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Maidenwell Rural Fire Brigade Meeting
- The Maidenwell Rural Fire Brigade will be holding their monthly meeting at the brigade's shed just down from the Maidenwell Hotel in front of J.A. Gorton Oval at 7:00pm this evening. If you'd like to volunteer with the brigade, contact Secretary Lona Goudswaard on (07) 4314-3000 or email her.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Proston
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Proston every Wednesday from 6:00pm at the old railway station at Railway Park in Rodney Street. For more information, phone 0427-137-140.
Wednesday, 15 May 2019
Add your event