Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Open Mic & Karaoke Night - Wondai
- The Cecil Hotel in Mackenzie Street, Wondai will be holding an Open Mic Night with Karaoke led by Andy B from 8:00pm until late tonight. You're welcome to bring along your instrument or just your voice (PA equipment will be provided free by Bullroarer Pro Sound). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4168-5460.
Kingaroy QCWA Meeting
- The Kingaroy branch of the QCWA will be holding their regular second Friday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy (just next to Kingaroy RSL) from 9:30am to around 12:00 noon this morning. The day will kick off with coffee and chats - the meeting itself starts at 10:00am - and visitors and potential new members are always very welcome. More details? Phone Lois on 0407-965-094.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Rib Night - Cooyar
- The Cooyar Hotel on the New England Highway at Cooyar will be holding a Rib Night from 6:30pm until late this evening, offering all the beef and pork ribs you can eat along with chips and coleslaw for just $25 per head, plus live entertainment from country rock performer Arthur Nettelfield thrown in. More details? Bookings? Phone the hotel on (07) 4692-6185.
Maidenwell Muster Karaoke - Nanango
- The Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be welcoming this weekend's inaugural Maidenwell Music Muster with a Muster Karaoke session from 7:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details? Phone Beau at the Palace on (07) 4163-1287.
Skin & Bone - Murgon
- Popular local band Skin & Bone will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm to around 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Full Circle & DJdirex - Kingaroy
- Full Circle will be performing unplugged at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 7:30pm until around 9:00pm tonight, followed by popular DJdirex who'll be spinning the platters until late. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (O7) 4162-1380.
South Burnett Autism Support Group - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Autism Support Group will be holding its second Friday of the month meeting at SB Care opposite Super IGA in Avoca Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Jenni on (07) 4171-0096 or Jenny on (07) 4164-1107
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.