Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Alex The Frenchman and DJdirex - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Haly and Glendon Streets in Kingaroy will be hosting Alex The Frenchman from 7:30pm tonight, followed by DJDirex from 10:00pm until late. Admission is free and everyone is welcome. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Pumpkin Festival Trivia Night
- The Goomeri Pumpkin Festival will be hosting a Trivia Night at the Hall of Memory in Boonara Street, Goomeri this evening as part of this year's expanded Pumpkin Festival. Doors open at 6:30pm and play will be in tables of eight. Admission is $5 per person. There'll also be prizes, and light refreshments will be available. Everyone is welcome!
Pumpkin Festival Bingo - Goomeri
- The Goomeri Pumpkin Festival will be holding bingo games at the Hall of Memory in Boonara Street, Goomeri from 9:00am this morning. Guests can play 10 games for $1 per game, and there'll be a $25 prize per game along with a jackpot. Light refreshments will also be available.
Pumpkin Festival Barefoot Bowls - Goomeri
- The Goomeri Pumpkin Festival will be holding barefoot bowls games at the Goomeri Bowls Club at 57 Moore Street, Goomeri from 1:00pm to 2:00pm today. Everyone is welcome and there's no charge to play. A BBQ and bar will also be running on-site.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. Members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Islander Eating Night - Nanango
- Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango will be holding an Islander Eating Night from 5:30pm until late tonight, offering a selection of exotic Pacific Island dishes featuring bananas, coconut, pork and other treats not often seen in South Burnett cuisine. Table bookings are advisable: (07) 4163 1375
- The first day of the three-day 2019 Nanango Campdraft will be held at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street from early this morning until late this afternoon. This year's campdraft was rescheduled from its normal date due to wet weather, but large numbers of competitors are still expected for the event. Admission to the campdraft is free for spectators, and food and drink will be available from the Showgrounds' canteen
Rowan Edwards - Murgon
- Popular South Burnett entertainer Rowan Edwards will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.