Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Nanango Blue Light Roller Skating
- The Nanango Blue Light Disco committee will be holding their regular U18s Blue Light roller skating night at the Nanango Skating Rink in George Street, Nanango from 6:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. There'll be lots of fun plus games and prizes, and a canteen will be operating too. Admission is $5, which includes skate hire, and the event is fully supervised. Blue Light skate nights run on the first and third Fridays of the month. More details? Phone Nanango Police on (07) 4163-1211 or Peter on 0422-196-219.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Over 50s Bingo - Proston
- Bingo games will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am this morning, with eyes down at 9:30am. There's a $100 jackpot on offer, and morning tea is available for just $2. Over 50s Bingo is held on the first and third Friday of each month and everyone - including Under 50s - is welcome. More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Rugby League Girls Gala Tour - Nanango
- The NRL's Game Development Office will be running a free "Girls Gala Tour" session at Stags Oval off the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango's CBD from 6:00pm to around 7:30pm this evening for girls aged 9-12 who think they might be interested in playing women's rugby league. You can read more about this on our website. Note: One more session will be held in Murgon next Friday night.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
96th Annual Murgon Show
- The 96th annual Murgon Show will get underway at 3:00pm this afternoon at the Murgon Showgrounds in Macalister Street with Young Handlers and Judges competitions, followed at 4:00pm by a Stockman's Challenge, and then at 5:30pm with a Sausage Championship where local sausage-makers test their mettle to determine who has the best sausages (for both cash and glory). This will be followed by a BBQ from about 6:00pm. Admission is free today - the Show's main day is tomorrow - and everyone is welcome!
Mr Q - Murgon
- Popular South Burnett band Mr Q will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until around 11:00pm tonight. The club will also be offering $20 reef and beef dinners if you get hungry. More details? Phone the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.