Maidenwell Folk Gathering
- The final day of the twice-a-year Maidenwell Folk Gathering will be held in and around the historic Maidenwell Hotel in Maidenwell today, kicking off at around 9:30am and running until around noon. This is an all-acoustic event and during the day a variety of performers will be entertaining in and around the hotel. Admission to the Folk Gathering is completely free and musicians are welcome as well as people who just like to listen to music. There's also free overnight camping available in the hotel's grounds. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4164-6133.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Funday Sunday - Nanango
- The Barambah Bowhunters and Field Archers Association will be holding a Sunday Funday - i.e. a Come & Try archery day - at their range in Bowhunters Road, Nanango (just next to Virgil's Artisans Village on the D'Aguilar Highway south of the CBD) from 9:00am to noon this morning. Everyone is welcome.