Hivesville Country Markets
- The Hivesville Country Markets will be held at the Hivesville Sports Grounds from 7:00am to around 1:00pm today. These family friendly monthly markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month and feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. There'll also be mini auctions running throughout the morning and there's plenty of free parking in the grounds. New stallholders are very welcome too, and you can obtain more details by phoning Trish on 0459-493-511.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
South Burnett Arts Committee Meeting
- The committee of South Burnett Arts will be meeting at Dimities Cottage in Haly Street, Wondai at 12:30pm this afternoon.
Proston Golden Spurs Campdraft
- The third (and final) day of the three day Proston Golden Spurs Campdraft will kick off at the Proston Showgrounds on the Proston-Boondooma Road about a kilometre west of Proston from early this morning with the first round of the Open draft; the finals of Saturday's Novice draft; the second round of the Open; and then the Open finals. The Spurs is always a big event and spectators are welcome to come and watch the action for free. There'll also be limited refreshments in the grounds.
Sunday Golf - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Golf Club on the Bunya Highway west of town will be holding its South Burnett Radiology Open Day - a stableford for men and women - from 7:00am to 5:00pm today. There'll be two shotgun starts (at 7:00am and 11:00am) and new players are very welcome. Green fees are $20 per head and there'll be a BBQ operating as well if you get hungry. More details? Nominations? Phone (07)
Iron & Clay - Kingaroy
- Gospel R&B band Iron and Clay will be performing in concert from 10:00am to noon today at the Church in the Market Place at 4 Ivins Street, Kingaroy. Admission is free and everyone is welcome.