Power Up Car Show & Shine - Nanango
- The fourth annual Power Up Car Show & Shine And Swap Meet will be held at the Nanango Sporting Fields in Burnett Street, Nanango from 9:00am to around 1:00pm today. This gold coin donation entry family friendly event is a fundraiser for the Nanango Sporting Association, and all pre-1988 vehicles and motorbikes from veteran to modern are very welcome to take part. It will feature live entertainment, good food and coffee plus lots and lots of great vehicles to inspect, and there'll be trophies and prizes for the winners (trophies will be presented around 12:30pm). Family day vehicle and trade stall holder entrants need to pay $15 and be parked in the designated area by 8:30am to be ready for the gates opening to the public at 9:00am. You can obtain more details and/or entry forms on the Nanango Sporting Association's Facebook page.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.