Power Up Car Show & Shine - Nanango
- The fourth annual Power Up Car Show & Shine And Swap Meet will be held at the Nanango Sporting Fields in Burnett Street, Nanango from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. This gold coin donation entry family friendly event is a fundraiser for the Nanango Sporting Association, and all pre-1988 vehicles and motorbikes from veteran to modern are very welcome to take part. It will feature live entertainment, good food and coffee plus lots and lots of great vehicles to inspect, and there'll be trophies and prizes for the winners (trophies will be presented around 12:30pm). Family day vehicle and trade stall holder entrants need to pay $15 and be parked in the designated area by 8:30am to be ready for the gates opening to the public at 9:00am. You can obtain more details and/or entry forms on the Nanango Sporting Association's Facebook page.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Community Meeting - Kilkivan
- The Gympie Koala Action group will be holding a community meeting at Kilkivan Hall in Bligh Street, Kilkivan from 9:30am to around noon this morning to provide information about koalas in the Kilkivan area. Guest speakers invclude Speakers include Kilkivan grazier Shane Joyce, who'll speak about nature conservation; Darren Pointon, who'll talk about resolving wild dog impacts on livestock, native wildlife, pets and people; and Paula Rowlands, the president of Gympie ANARRA Wildlife Rescue, who'll discuss how to maintain healthy koala populations. There will also be standing displays. Light refreshments will also be provided at noon, but an RSVP will assist with planning the catering. You can make one by phoning Robyn on 0428-865-172.
Sunday Archery - Nanango
- The Barambah Bowhunters and Field Archers Association will be holding a Club Handicap Shoot at their range in Bowhunters Road, Nanango (just next to Virgil's Artisans Village on the D'Aguilar Highway south of the CBD) from 9:00am to 3:00pm today. Spectators are very welcome.