Clean Up Australia Day
- Today is national Clean Up Australia Day, and there'll be several activities around the South Burnett this morning to mark it:
- • Blackbutt: The Blackbutt-Benarkin Lions Club will be hosting a Clean Up Australia Day activity at Les Muller Park at the corner of Coulson and Hart Streets, Blackbutt from 9:00am this morning, followed by a free sausage sizzle. Everyone is welcome!
- • Nanango: The Nanango Scouts and Cubs will be meeting up at their Den at 7:00am before heading off to Butter Factory Park in Drayton Street for a clean-up. Everyone is welcome to join them.
- • Kingaroy: Volunteers will meet at shade shelter near the duck pond at the Senior Citizens Park in Pound Street, Kingaroy at 8:00am.
- • Wondai: POSTPONED - South Burnett Mountain Bike Club members will meet at the car park on the Wondai-Charlestown Road to clean up in and around McEuen State Forest between 6:30am and 10:00am. Everyone who'd like to take part is welcome. Note: This event has been postponed to May due to a large number of club members having unavoidable commitments.
Women In Ag Day - Durong
- BIEDO will be hosting a Women In Ag Day at Durong Hall on the Wondai-Chinchilla Rad at Durong from 9:00am to 3:00pm today. The event will feature talks by women who are involved in different agricultural enterprises as well as trade stands. There'll also be complimentary morning tea and lunch, but to help plan the catering an RSVP by February 28 is essential: 0400-695-456.
Sauerkraut Concert - Nanango
- German performers Sauerkraut will be appearing in concert at The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to Scott Car Park) at 3:00pm this afternoon as part of their Australian tour. Tickets are $20 and will be available at the door unless sold out earlier. More details? Bookings? Phone Jane on (07) 4163-1667.
Country Music Friends - Yarraman
- The Country Music Friends will be holding their first Sunday of the month informal concert at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are very welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Jenny on (07) 4163-2469.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
BVRT Mountain Bike Ride
- A BVRT Mountain Bike Ride between Yarraman and Moore will be held from 8:30am to around 1:30pm today. The ride will depart the Yarraman trailhead at the end of Millar Street early in the morning and follow the route through Blackbutt and Linville to Moore - a distance of about 55km - after which a shuttle bus will return participants and their bikes to Yarraman. Tickets are $35 per person and all riders are welcome.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Toowoomba Martial Arts Tournament - Nanango
- A Toowoomba Martial Arts Tournament will be held at 4 Railway Lane in Nanango (just next to the swimming pool) from 8:00am to around 3:00pm today. This will be a 3-star, all styles ISKA competition qualifying for the State Titles in September, and spectators are welcome.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.