St Patricks Day At The Palace - Nanango
- The Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be celebrating St Patrick's Day (which falls today) with Irish music and a dress-in-green theme from 11:00am onwards this morning. Well-known local musicians Grant and Vashti will be supplying the music and there'll be prizes for the best-dressed patrons. Later in the afternoon (from 2:00pm to around 6:00pm), Tony Cisneros from Mr Q will be hosting another of his popular Open Mic sessions, where local musicians can come along and jam, with all equipment supplied. The hotel will also have lunch available from noon to 2:00pm, and dinner from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the Palace on (07) 4163-1287.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Goomeri Gourmet Food Trucks & Twilight Market
- Goomeri will be marking St Patrick's Day with 11 gourmet food trucks, a twilight market with 20 stalls, live music and free entertainment for children in Goomeri's Market Square near Joe's Grand Hotel in Boonara Street from 3:00pm to 9:00pm this afternoon and evening. Today's get-together is the second of its kind and because it's St Patrick's Day, guests are encouraged to wear green. The event is jointly sponsored by the Goomeri Pumpkin Festival and Gympie Regional Council, and run by the Goomeri Project. Everyone is welcome and there's no admission fee.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Nanango Trail Ride
- The South Burnett Mountain Bike Club will be holding a trail ride through the Nanango forestry for cyclists from 6:30am to around 10:00am this morning. The ride is suitable for both experienced and new riders, and participants should meet up at the BP Service Station near Tipperary Flat on the D'Aguilar Highway south of the CBD for a 6:45am roll-off. The ride itself is free, but afterwards there'll be a sausage sizzle and cold drinks available for purchase if you're hungry, thirsty or both. More details? Phone Jason on 0455-896-749.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.