2012 State Of Origin
- The first 2012 State Of Origin match between the Queensland Maroons and the NSW Blues will be held at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne's Docklands at 8:00pm tonight. The Maroons are striving for their seventh State Of Origin series win in a row and the Blues are desperate to stop them. Naturally, South Burnett footy fans will be glued to TV screens around the region to watch the match. But several local pubs will also be getting into the State Of Origin spirit tonight with big screen telecasts - and venues you can drop into to watch the game this evening include:
- • The Commercial Hotel in Glendon Street, Kingaroy
- • The Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy
- • The Tingoora Hotel on the Bunya Highway at Tingoora
Timbertown Woodworkers Group Meeting - Blackbutt
- The Timbertown Woodworkers Group will be holding their regular Wednesday meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:00am until around 4:00pm today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with $800 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the Artie Kerr Centre (right next to the Dept. of Transport) in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed). More details? Phone Richard on (07) 4163-6842 or Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Wondai
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experiences, strengths and hopes with each other to help solve their common problems and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership, and AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. AA Murgon meets in Wondai at the Lutheran Hall at 39 Edward Street every Wednesday at 7:30pm. More details? Phone (07) 4168-9715 or (0407) 150-216.
Great White Poker - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy RSL in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy will be hosting Great White Poker games this evening. Registration starts at 6:00pm and the first cards are dealt at 7:00pm. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Transforming Small Business Course - Nanango
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be presenting the first night of a 5-week course called "Transforming Small Business" at the Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango from 6:00pm to 8:30pm this evening. Over the five weeks the course will cover - amongst other things - how to reignite your passion for your work; how to improve sales; how to train, develop and motivate staff and how to advertise effectively. Admission is free but you need to register to secure a seat. You can do so by phoning (0488) 112-298.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome! For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.