Nanart Arts Festival - Nanango
- Nanart (the 12th annual Nanango Arts Festival) will be officially opened at 7:30pm this evening at an all-star "after 5" affair at the Nanango Cultural Centre at the corner of George and Drayton Streets in Nanango. As has been the case over the last few years, the Opening Night will feature a large exhibition of original art, photography, sculpture and crafts drawn from all over the South Burnett and south-east Queensland, coupled with an all-you-can-eat spread of gourmet local foods and wines. Add in some live entertainment and a number of other surprises and it's easy to see why this event has become one of the highlights of Nanango's annual social calendar! Tonight's function is a prelude to 2 full days of non-stop arts action in the town. Admission to the Opening Night is $10 for adults and $5 for under-16s and tickets will be available at the door. Everyone is most welcome to attend! More details? Phone Lois on (07) 4163-1973 or send her an email. You can also obtain more information on the Festival's website.
Friday Social Golf - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Golf Club on the Bunya Highway at Kingaroy will holding their regular Friday 9-ers 9 hole social golfing sessions for men and women from 8:00am until dusk today. Everyone is most welcome (including non-members) and green fees are $11 for members or $14 for non-members for the nine holes - but this also includes a card draw for prizes in the clubhouse in the evening (there's also a Jackpot card draw on the last Friday of each month). More details? Phone the Golf Club on (07) 4162-1720
Endeavour Foundation Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Endeavour Foundation will be holding bingo games at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning. More than $1,000 in jackpots will be on offer. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Kingaroy QCWA Meeting
- The Kingaroy branch of the QCWA will be holding its regular second Friday of the month meeting at the Kingaroy QCWA Rooms in Kingaroy Street (just next to the RSL) at 10:00am this morning. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Hazel on (07) 4162-1194.
Friday Night Rugby League
- In a surprise twist that's caught many people by surprise (including us), the Wondai Wolves will be taking on the Kingaroy Red Ants seniors at the Wondai Sportgrounds off the Bunya Highway at Wondai at 6:30pm this evening - not tomorrow as reported in some other media. Spectators and supporters are very welcome.
Friday Night Dinner & Social Darts - Nanango
- The Nanango and District Darts Association will be holding their regular Friday night social darts games at their club house at the end of George Street, Nanango from 7:15pm onwards this evening. They'll also be offering inexpensive home-cooked dinners from 6:30pm if you want to chow down beforehand. The club's licenced bar will be operating too, and both visitors and potential new members are very welcome.