Cancelled & Postponed Events
We will keep updating this list as the fate of more local events is decided . . .
UPDATE: Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced on March 22 that all registered clubs, hotels (excluding bottle shops and accommodation areas), nightclubs, casinos, gyms, cinemas, entertainment venues and places of worship are to close from noon on March 23.
Restaurants and cafes can do delivery and takeaways only.
Weddings and funerals are not allowed indoors, except in small groups observing one person per 4sq m rule.
This means that all South Burnett hotels, RSL clubs and licensed venues, such as the Nanango Darts Club, must now stay closed until further notice.
On March 19, Pursers Coaches announced that its South Burnett-Caboolture service would operate only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from March 23 until further notice.
On March 25, South Burnett Regional Council announced that all Visitor Information Centres and libraries as well as council-owned halls, art galleries and museums (including Boondooma Homestead) would close immediately.
All South Burnett pools, including the South Burnett Aquatic Centre in Nanango, as well as the South Burnett PCYC Gym in Murgon, are also closed until further notice.
On March 26, Cherbourg Council announced that the Containers for Change Depot in Cherbourg is now closed. However, the Containers for Change Depot in Kingaroy is open.
On March 27, South Burnett Regional Council announced that all parks and playgrounds (and playground equipment), and free camping areas in the South Burnett had been closed.
We will continue to update this list of cancellations / postponements as we receive more information
NB. We are now rolling over older dates to the bottom of the list to make it more user-friendly!
* * *
- Yallakool (BP Dam) and Boondooma Dam recreation areas have been closed.
- The State Government has closed down all camping areas in National Parks and State Forests, including the Bunya Mountains and Benarkin State Forest. The Bunya Mountains National Park and all trails are open to day visitors.
- Kingaroy Art Gallery closed on March 16, until further notice.
- QRL has cancelled all junior and senior community rugby league until at least the first weekend of May.
- Football South Burnett’s junior and senior soccer games have been cancelled until at least April 14.
- All South Burnett Saints AFL training, games and Auskick sessions have been cancelled until May 31.
- All Kingaroy Touch junior and senior competitions have been suspended.
- Kingaroy Soaring Club operations have stopped until further notice.
- Kingaroy Dance Academy has suspended classes from March 23 but is creating online classes for students.
- All Pony Club Queensland activities are cancelled until April 30.
- Kingaroy & District Tennis Association’s Tuesday and Thursday evening fixtures have been suspended until further notice.
- The Barambah Bowhunters and Field Archers have postponed all club shoots, working bees and fun days until April 30 at this stage.
- Kingaroy Scouts are in recess until further notice.
- Kingaroy Men’s Shed and the Yarraman Men’s Shed are closed until further notice.
- South Burnett Kart Hire at Nanango is closed until further notice.
- Murgon Business and Development Association meetings are cancelled until further notice.
- All parkrun events – including those in Wondai and Nanango – have been suspended until at least the end of April.
- The Justice of the Peace Service at Kingaroy Shoppingworld has been suspended until further notice. To access an after-hours JP, visit www.qld.gov.au/jps or phone 1300-301-147.
- South Burnett Wine Industry Association has cancelled committee meetings until further notice.
- South Burnett CTC’s Mums and Bubs Supported Playgroup is cancelled until further notice.
- All SBRC library programs and events will be suspended from March 23. This includes First 5 Forever Story time and Rhyme time sessions, school holiday activities and Kid’s Corner. Tech classes, book clubs, card groups and conversations groups have also been suspended, along with the family history workshops, social crochet classes and meditation sessions.
- The South Burnett Community Orchestra has cancelled all Wednesday night practice sessions until the end of April, a workshop planned for March 21 and “A Weekend of Symphony” planned for March 28-29.
- Yarraman Library will be shut from the close of business on Monday (March 23) until further notice.
- Heritage Museum at Yarraman has been closed until further notice.
- All Kingaroy Netball and Nanango Netball training and competitions are suspended until Monday, April 20. UPDATE: This deadline is expected to be extended to June 30.
- St John’s Playgroup in Kingaroy has been postponed until further notice.
- Nanango Country Markets have been cancelled until further notice.
- Inverlaw Hall Dances have been cancelled until further notice.
- SES training has been cancelled until further notice.
- Ken Baines Morning Teas in Kingaroy, Majellan Morning Teas in Nanango and Ken Baines Discos in Kingaroy have been cancelled until further notice.
- Kingaroy RSL Club is open but poker, trivia, bingo and Saturday night entertainment are cancelled until further notice, as is the courtesy bus.
- Sing Australia’s Kingaroy group went into recess on March 16 until the COVID-19 issue passes.
- Blackbutt Singers are suspending weekly meetings until further notice.
- The South Burnett Chorale has cancelled all rehearsals for the remainder of the term. “We will inform our members and supporters about rehearsals in Term 2 based on information provided to us by local authorities and Queensland Health.”
- Kingaroy Junior Golf has been cancelled “until the situation with coronavirus becomes clearer”.
- The Kilkivan Railway Markets, usually held each Sunday near the old Kilkivan railway station, have been suspended until further notice.
- Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Users Association has postponed all events “to ensure the safety of our participants and our local communities”. Everyone who has already signed up for an event will be given a full refund.
- All Blue Light events – discos, skate nights, movie nights etc – have been cancelled across Queensland until further notice.
- NAIDOC Week has been cancelled.
- The Ration Shed at Cherbourg is closed until further notice.
NB. There are also restrictions on entry to Cherbourg. See separate report
* * *
- Nanango Theatre Company’s three one-act plays scheduled for the last weekend in March and the first weekend in April have been postponed.
- SBRC’s food industry conference, Food Horizons, scheduled to run from March 31 to April 2 has been postponed.
* * *
- The South Burnett Easter SpEGGtacular in Murgon, which was to be held on Friday, April 3, has been cancelled. Businesses who have donated towards sponsorship will be given the option of a refund or leaving their funds in place for next year.
- The 2nd annual South Burnett Gem Show planned for Saturday, April 4, has been cancelled.
- The South Burnett Rugby League Centenary Dinner – due to be held at Kingaroy Town Hall on April 4 – has been postponed.
- SBATSIC says the Festival of Cultures, which was to be held on April 4 in Memorial Park, Kingaroy, has been postponed. “The Festival of Cultures committee have decided to postpone the event until later in the year when the threat has been eliminated. We hope this should be around September this year,” a spokesperson said.
- The Power Up Show, Shine & Swap scheduled to be held in Nanango on April 5 has been postponed to a date to be decided.
- The Cherbourg Youth Week event, planned for April 6, has been cancelled.
- SBGZ Masters Championship (Men & Women), which was to be played at Kingaroy Golf Club on April 7, has been cancelled.
- Graham House’s Easter Morning Tea and Trivia in Murgon (April 7) as been cancelled.
- BYTE night at the Murgon PCYC on April 9 has been cancelled
- The Proston QCWA’s Easter Parade and Fun in the Park, which was to be held on April 11, has been cancelled.
- Nanango’s Easter Races, scheduled for April 11, will go ahead but WITHOUT patrons. UPDATE: This meeting has now been cancelled due to Racing Queensland changes.
- Kumbia Charity Campdraft, April 11-13, has been postponed.
- Easter Running Festival at the Maidenwell, April 10-12, has been cancelled.
- Maidenwell Bull Ride at the Maidenwell Hotel on April 12 has been postponed.
- The 29th Annual Dexter Cattle Qld Annual Breed Show which was to be held at Nanango Showgrounds on April 18 has been cancelled.
- Nanango Show, due to be held on April 18, has been postponed. A new date will be advised.
- The Wondai Autumn Garden Expo scheduled for April 18-19 will not run this year – but all being well, the Spring Garden Expo will be held on September 26-27.
- The Wondai Orchid Show, planned for April 18, has been cancelled.
- The Manumbar Campdraft (April 24-26) has been postponed.
- Wondai’s Anzac Day Races (April 25) have been cancelled.
- Spirit of the Bush Balladeers and Heritage Muster at Boondooma Homestead, from April 21-26, has been cancelled.
- The music and dance sections of the Kingaroy Eisteddfod (April 28-30 / May 2-9) have been postponed to a date to be fixed. There is no speech and drama this year.
* * *
- R & R Duathlon at Blackbutt (May 2) has been cancelled.
- Goomeri Chrome Bumpers’ planned show’n’shine in Goomeri on May 3 has been cancelled.
- The Big Rosella Festival at Woolooga (May 3) has been postponed.
- Kingaroy Show (May 2-3) has been cancelled.
- R & R Rail Trail Experience at Blackbutt (May 2) has been cancelled.
- Maidenwell Country Muster (May 8-9) has been cancelled.
- Kilkivan Campdraft (May 9-10) has been postponed.
- Burrandowan Races (May 9) have been cancelled.
- Blackbutt Show (May 16) has been cancelled.
- Cherbourg Reconciliation Fun Run on May 24 has been cancelled.
- St Mary’s Got Talent at St Mary’s Catholic College on May 25 has been cancelled.
- Kingaroy Lions Trail (May 30-31) has been postponed.
- Goomeri Pumpkin Festival, scheduled for May 31, has been cancelled.
* * *
- Goomeri Craft-a-thon, scheduled for June 12-14, has been postponed.
* * *
- The annual Reserve Forces Day in Wondai, scheduled for July 5, has been cancelled.
* * *
- BaconFest, scheduled for August 21-23, has been cancelled.
* * *
- Blackbutt Avocado Festival, scheduled for September 12, has been cancelled. The next festival will be held on September 11, 2o21.
* * *
- The South Burnett Speedway Club cancelled its race meeting planned for Saturday night (March 14). UPDATE: The rest of the 2019-20 Kingaroy Speedway season has also been cancelled.
- The Kingaroy Men’s Shed postponed its Camp Oven Under The Stars evening which was to be held near Kingaroy Airport on Saturday (March 14).
- The Kumbia Catholic community announced that its St Patrick’s Green Earth Day event planned for Sunday (March 15) would be postponed “owing to the presence of coronavirus in Kingaroy and the vulnerability of many of our workers and patrons”. They hope to reschedule this for a later date.
- The Pollies In The Pub candidates forum, which was to be held on Monday night (March 16) at the Carrollee Hotel in Kingaroy, has been cancelled. Organiser Damien Martoo, from The Martoo Review, told southburnett.com.au he would still go ahead with livestreaming the four mayoral candidates on his Facebook channel from 6:30pm. UPDATE: The livestream has also been cancelled.
- Ringsfield House closed on March 16.
- The Kingaroy Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Meet’n’Greet at the Carrollee Hotel, which was to be held ahead of Pollies In The Pub on March 16, has also been cancelled.
- The Buy From The Bush workshop which was to be held at Moffatdale Ridge Winery on Monday (March 16) has been postponed. Organisers plan to reschedule the event as well as set up a “virtual marketplace”.
- The Blackbutt Candidates Forum, which was to be held in Blackbutt Memorial Hall on March 17 has been cancelled.
- NaTDA meeting scheduled for March 17 has been cancelled.
- All Kingaroy Basketball games and training have been cancelled until April 21.
- All representative school sport programs, including district, regional, State, national, interstate and international competitions, have been cancelled until further notice from March 17. Queensland School Sport teams will also not be participating in any national, interstate or international events organised across Australia or internationally.
- South Burnett Regional Council’s Burnett Water Feasibility Study engagement workshops scheduled to be held in Murgon (March 16), Blackbutt (March 17) and Kingaroy (March 18) have been postponed.
- BIEDO have also postponed the Taking Care Of Business – Cash Flow workshop which was to be held in Kingaroy on March 17 and the Women In Ag (WAg) Day which was to be held in Wondai on March 24.
- St John’s Prep Open Morning, which was to be held on Wednesday (March 18), has been postponed.
- St John’s Playgroup in Kingaroy has cancelled playgroup for Wednesday (March 18): “After careful consideration we will be cancelling our playgroup for this week, and will reassess this decision next week as more information becomes available.”
- The Proston Heritage Association Street Stall which was planned for Wednesday (March 18) has been cancelled.
- The Pollies In The Pub events scheduled to be held at The Palace Hotel in Nanango on March 18 and at The Royal Hotel in Murgon on March 20 have been cancelled.
- The QRRRWN Barambah branch has cancelled its Miss Fisher Movie Night fundraiser which was to be held on Thursday (March 19).
- Yarraman Kindy’s Barefoot Bowls night, which was to be held on Friday, March 20, has been cancelled.
- Blackbutt RSL’s Burger Night Fundraiser on March 20 has been cancelled.
- Nanango Blue Light Disco on March 20 has been cancelled.
- St John’s Lutheran School has cancelled its Hip Hop Hooray Family Easter Festival which was to be held next Friday (March 20).
- Friday night shedding at The Shed in Nanango has been cancelled for March 20.
- The Proston Golden Spurs Campdraft (March 20-22) has been postponed until further notice. All nominations will be refunded.
- A performance by Fiona O’Shea & The Passengers at Proston’s Golden Spurs Hotel on March 20 has been cancelled.
- South Burnett Cricket Association has cancelled the remaining games of 2019-20 season. This means the March 21 Grand Final game between Murgon Diggers and Kumbia Rattlers will not be going ahead. The highest finishing team – Murgon – will be crowned 2019-20 premiership winners.
- Kingaroy Friendship Markets, March 21 at Kingaroy Showgrounds, have been cancelled.
- The Bell Triathlon, March 21, has been postponed.
- 30th Anniversary Cooyar Endurance Ride on March 21 has been postponed.
- The Nanango Panthers’ 40th Anniversary Dinner won’t be happening on Saturday night, March 21. A decision is yet to be made whether it’s cancelled or just postponed.
- Wooroolin’s Grand Hotel has cancelled its planned Pig On The Spit night on March 21.
- South Burnett Rugby League games scheduled to be played on March 21 and March 28 have been cancelled. UPDATE: All games cancelled until the first weekend in May.
- BYTE night at the Murgon PCYC on March 21 has been cancelled.
- The Goomeri Show, due to be held on Saturday, March 21 has been postponed, although organisers hope to secure another date later in the year.
- Live music with Anne Etherton at the Hotel Cecil in Wondai on March 21 has been cancelled.
- Kingaroy Junior Cricket Pink Stumps Day and presentations planned for Sunday, March 22, have been postponed.
- The Hivesville Country Markets, due to be held on Sunday, March 22, have been cancelled for this month.
- The Candidates Forum for people contesting the position of Mayor and Councillors on Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council, planned for March 23, has been cancelled.
- RSPCA Kingaroy’s volunteer induction day, planned for March 25, has been postponed.
- SBRC’s free Weed Seed Hygiene workshop scheduled for Wednesday, March 25, at Wondai Town Hall has been cancelled.
- Birds of a Feather Cancer Support Group meeting and AGM on March 26 has been cancelled. A decision on the April meeting will be made closer to the date. UPDATE: All meetings and activities have been cancelled until further notice.
- An information evening at the Murgon Baptist Church re Youth Employment Services, scheduled for March 26, has been cancelled.
- Centacare Community Connections’ Open Day at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy, (March 26) has been cancelled.
- The South Burnett Musical Comedy Society has postponed Information sessions (March 29-30), auditions (April 4-5), rehearsals and performances of their production of Mamma Mia until later this year.
- Friday night shedding at The Shed in Nanango has been cancelled for March 27 and will then be re-assessed.
- Proston Men’s Shed Garage/Car Boot Sale and Auction on March 28 has been cancelled.
- The Wondai Lions’ Gangster and Gatsby Casino Night (March 28) has been postponed.
- Sunshine State MX Round in Kingaroy (March 28-29) has been cancelled.
- Bunya Mountains Markets (March 29) have been cancelled.
- Yarraman Horse Sports Inc has cancelled the Yarraman Horse Ride scheduled for March 28.
- The Maidenwell Hotel’s monthly Pig On A Spit night planned for March 28 has been cancelled.
- Great Moscow Circus shows in Kingaroy have been cancelled.
- The Tableland Hall Twilight Markets, due to be held on March 29, have been postponed.
[UPDATED. Originally published as “More Events Cancelled”]