Australia Day Public Holiday
- Because Australia Day fell on Sunday this year, today is a public holiday and most South Burnett businesses will either be closed or operating on restricted hours. Traffic will also be a bit higher than usual on our region's main roads as people return from their holidays - particularly from late afternoon onwards - so you should drive with caution. And if you're thinking of attending a group activity today, it may be wise to phone them in advance to determine if they're still holding a meeting or not. Some groups do meet on public holidays, but some don't.
Fun Golf Day - Kingaroy
- A Fun Golf Day will be held at the Kingaroy Golf Club on the Bunya Highway south of town today. This three stick stroke event is open to both golfers and non-golfers, and names need to be in by 10:30am for an 11:00am tee-off. Thanks to sponsors Fiedler Brothers Plumbing, there'll be great prizes and novelty prizes, plus lots of fun. You can obtain more information from the golf club on (07) 4162-1720.
Cooinda Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Cooinda Craft Group will be holding its regular Monday morning meeting at the Town Common Hall in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 1:30pm today. Members of the group pursue a wide variety of crafts and newcomers are always welcome - just BYO favourite craft or come along and learn a new one with other members. Morning tea is supplied as well. More details? Phone Lois on 0408-492-643
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Murgon SES Training Night
- Murgon SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the SES Building in Gore Street, Murgon from 6:30pm to 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Murgon district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along.
Kumbia Quilt & Craft Group
- The Kumbia Quilt & Craft Group meets on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at the Kumbia QCWA Rooms in Bell Street at 7:30pm. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Heather on (07) 4164-4258 or Val on 0437-152-713.
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. SES members provide community assistance during floods, bushfires and other emergencies, and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone 0428-741-274.