Fair Play Vouchers Open Today
- The Queensland Government will start issuing Fair Play vouchers today. The vouchers, up to the value of $150, help families with the costs of joining their local sport or recreation club, and usually all go within a week - so if you haven't pre-registered you should apply today. Read more about this program and how you can lodge an application on our website.
Peer Support Meeting - Proston
- A Peer Support Meeting to discuss sourcing information and/or resources about mental health and coping strategies will be held at the Proston Cultural Centre in Rodney Street, Proston (the former railway station in Railway Park) from 10:00am today. Morning tea will be provided but you should BYO lunch. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Kathy on 0407-091-019.
Wednesday Night Dance Classes
- Dance classes will be held at Inverlaw Hall in Inverlaw from 7:30pm tonight. The classes are a great way to learn ballroom dancing classics like the Quick Step, Jazz Waltz, Swing Waltz, Evening Three Step and many more, and class fees are just $4. More details? Phone David on 0459-228-882.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Proston
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Proston every Wednesday from 6:00pm at the old railway station at Railway Park in Rodney Street. For more information, phone 0427-137-140.