Official Opening Of Green Place & Nanango Council Offices
- The South Burnett Regional Council will officially open "Green Family Place" next to Alexander Lane off Drayton Street in Nanango's CBD at 10:15am this morning, followed by the official opening of the refurbished former Nanango Shire Council Chambers further down Drayton Street at 10:30am. After this, the public will be invited to take a guided tour of the new building - which also includes the Nanango Library - at 10:45am, followed by a morning tea. Everyone is welcome.
Introduction To Online Shopping - Goomeri
- Goomeri Library in Moore Street, Goomeri will be hosting an "Introduction to Online Shopping" workshop from 2:00pm to 4:00pm this afternoon. Participants will learn the basics of online shopping, from booking a holiday to buying groceries, as well as how to stay safe online when banking or shopping. The workshop is free but places are limited so a booking is essential. You can make one by phoning the library on (07) 4168-4340.
Meet The Teachers - Kingaroy
- St John's Lutheran School in Ivy Street, Kingaroy will be holding a "Meet The Teachers" session from 3:00pm to 4:00pm this afternoon to allow parents with children attending Years 1-6 at the school this year to meet their children's teachers before Term 1 gets underway. Important information about the upcoming school year will be shared during the afternoon, and the get-together will also be an opportunity for parents to drop off their child's book pack. More details? Phone St John's on (07) 4162-3988.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Thursday Night Bingo
- St Joseph's parish will be running Thursday bingo games at the Australian Hotel at the corner of Lamb and Gore Streets, Murgon at 7:30pm this evening. Everyone is welcome, and the proceeds will go to aid worthy local causes. More details? Phone Karen on 0419-676-228.
Birds Of A Feather Social Lunch - Kingaroy
- The Birds Of A Feather cancer support group will be holding a social lunch at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 12:00 noon today. This is a friendly, informal group of women who have (or had) cancer, as well as carers, and usually get together once a month for a morning tea and chat. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Steph on (07) 4164-4014 or 0419-649-226.
Rural Minds Workshop - Kingaroy
- Rural Minds will be holding a free workshop looking at mental health, resilience and well-being issues in rural Australia from 10:00am to 2:00pm today at the South Burnett Community Hospital in Markwell Street, Kingaroy. Tea, coffee and a light lunch will be provided. More details? Phone Kristie Lambert on 0439-740-783.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Narcotics Anonymous - Wondai
- The South Burnett branch of Narcotics Anonymous will be holding its weekly meeting at Wondai from 8:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group provides support for anyone experiencing problems with drugs of any kind (including prescription medicines) and meetings are free. More details? Phone 0400-600-514.