Wednesday, 11 December 2019
Add your event
Annual Christmas Remembrance Service - Kingaroy
- Virgo Funerals will be holding their 11th annual Christmas Remembrance Service at their chapel in the South Burnett Crematorium at Pioneer Avenue, Kingaroy (opposite Taabinga Cemetery) at 6:30pm this evening. This year's non-denominational service will be officiated by a minister from the Kingaroy Ministers Fraternal and will be followed by refreshments in the chapel's gardens afterwards. The purpose of the service is to allow people to remember and commemorate a loved one who's passed away and there's no charge to attend - but an RSVP to help plan the catering would be greatly appreciated. You can make one by phoning Virgos on (07) 4162-7988 or by emailing them by 4:00pm on Tuesday, December 10.
Nanango Probus Club Meeting
- Nanango's Probus Club will be holding their monthly meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Fitzroy Street, Nanango (just across the road from IGA) from 9:30am to 11:30am this morning. The club meets on the second Wednesday of each month except January, and all meetings usually feature a guest speaker who talks on an interesting topic. Afterwards, some members like to go for a meal at a local venue, and newcomers are always welcome. More details? Phone Rosie on (07) 4163-8930 or send an email.
Coffee With A Cop - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy police will be holding an informal "Coffee With A Cop" session at Muffin Break inside Kingaroy Shoppingworld from 10:00am to around 11:30am this morning. The session is a great chance to meet local police in an informal setting, ask them any questions you like and share any concerns you might have, as well as have a coffee and a muffin with them. This is the fourth session of its kind since the concept was introduced by Kingaroy OIC Snr Sgt David Tierney and the initiative has been very well received. Everyone is welcome.
Peer Support Working Group Meeting - Proston
- A Peer Support Working Group Meeting to discuss the formation of a mental health support network in the Proston district will be held at the Proston Cultural Centre in Rodney Street, Proston at 10:00am this morning. Morning tea will be provided, but guests should BYO lunch. More details? Phone Kathy Crane on 0407-091-019.
Wondai Community Christmas Carols
- Wondai's annual Community Christmas Carols will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 6:00pm this evening. As usual, the event will feature performances by the Wondai CWA and Community Choir as well as the Wondai Senior Citizens Choir and the Wondai Town & District Band, and Wondai Lions will be running a $2 sausage sizzle if you feel like a snack. Everyone is welcome and there's no admission charge.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
South Burnett Regional Council Meeting - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding its final monthly general meeting for 2019 at the Glendon Street Council Chambers in Kingaroy at 9:00am this morning. Meetings are open to the public. Note: Today's meeting is being held a week earlier than usual to avoid a conflict with the festive season. The Council's next meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 15.
Wednesday Night Dance Class
- Dance classes will be held at Inverlaw Hall in Inverlaw from 7:30pm tonight. The classes are a great way to learn ballroom dancing classics like the Quick Step, Jazz Waltz, Swing Waltz, Evening Three Step and many more, and class fees are just $4. More details? Phone David on 0459-228-882.
Wednesday Afternoon Games - Blackbutt
- The Roy Emerson Museum at the end of Hart Street in Blackbutt will be hosting Wednesday afternoon board games from 2:00pm to around 4:00pm today. There'll be a big range of popular board games on offer, but guests are welcome to bring their own if they wish. Playing fees are just $2, which includes afternoon tea or coffee (BYO mug), and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jackie on 0438-785-009.
Rising Stars Playgroup - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Rising Stars Playgroup will be meeting at the Yarraman P9 State School Meeting Room between 8:45am and 10:30am this morning. Children involved in the playgroup will get to enjoy a morning of indoor and outdoor play and fun; develop pre-reading and pre-writing skills; form strong relationships with other children; and transition to school more smoothly. If you're bringing your child along, you should also bring along morning tea, a water bottle, a hat, closwed-in shoes suitable for climbing and old clothes (sunscreen will be provided). The playgroup meets every Wednesday during school terms. More details? Phone the school on (07) 4173-7333
Wednesday Night Poker
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Murgon Rotary Club
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
- The Kingaroy Ukesters ukulele group will be holding their weekly meeting in The Hub Room of Kingaroy's Orana Aged Care Facility from 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The group meets every Wednesday for a group play and sing-along session, and members range from raw beginners to experts. New members are always very welcome, and fun tuition for the world's easiest to play instrument is always available. More details? Phone Dorothy on 0419-778-015 or Neil on 0400-478-378.
Wednesday Morning Bridge
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Mondays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Wednesday Morning Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's parish will be running Wednesday morning bingo games at the Australian Hotel at the corner of Lamb and Gore Streets, Murgon at 10:30am this morning. Everyone is welcome, and the proceeds will go to aid worthy local causes. More details? Phone Karen on 0419-676-228.
Wooroolin QCWA Meeting
- The Wooroolin QCWA will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the Wooroolin QCWA Rooms on the Bunya Highway, Wooroolin at 9:30am this morning. All interested women from Wooroolin and district are very welcome to join them for a great afternoon tea and a chat after the meeting. More details? Phone Janice on 0439-073-160.
Majellan Christmas Lunch - Nanango
- ASll past and present members of Nanango's Majellan are invited to attend a Christmas Lunch at the Palace Hotel and Kitchen in Drayton Street, Nanango at 11:30am today.
Kumbia QCWA Craft Group
- The Kumbia QCWA Craft Group will be holding their regular 2nd Wednesday of the month meeting at the Kumbia QCWA Rooms in Bell Street today, kicking off with morning tea at 9:30am. Everyone is welcome, whether they're QCWA members or not. More details? Phone Mollie on (07) 4164-4191 or Lil on (07) 4164-4218.
Wondai Senior Citizens Club
- The Wondai Senior Citizens Club will be holding their second Wednesday of the month meeting at the Wondai Diggers Club at 87 Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 1:00pm this afternoon. The $2 meeting fee includes afternoon tea, a singalong, card games, bingo and beatles with small prizes, and membership is only $5 a year. The club also organises occasional bus trips. New members are always welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Graham on (07) 4168-5598.
Busy Needles Group
- The Blackbutt Busy Needles group will be meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 1:30pm today. The group meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Linda on (07) 4170-0823 or Sue on (07) 4163-0919.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
SBCO String Quartet RSVP Deadline
- Today is the last day you can book tickets for the SBCO String Quartet's concert and High Tea at Kumbia Hall this Saturday, December 14 (see entry that day for all details).
Alcoholics Anonymous - Proston
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Proston every Wednesday from 6:00pm at the old railway station at Railway Park in Rodney Street. For more information, phone 0427-137-140.
Wednesday, 11 December 2019
Add your event