Wondai Christmas Carnival
- Wondai's traditional Christmas Eve Carnival will be held in Coronation Park off Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 5:00pm onwards this evening when the BBQs fire up and the hamburgers and sausages start to sizzle. This popular Carnival will feature amusements for young children; a BBQ plus tea, coffee and soft drinks; a ham wheel; a goods wheel; great Super Draws; and Christmas favourites performed by the Wondai & District Band. Santa will also be putting in an appearance at around 7:30pm with free ice-blocks for the children. The Christmas Eve Carnival is always a really great way to get together with friends in Wondai at Yuletide, and it also helps raise funds for Wondai's annual show. More details? Email the Wondai Show Society by clicking here.
Christmas Eve Part Public Holiday
- Today is Christmas Eve - the day before Christmas - and this year the Queensland Government has declared it a part public holiday from 6:00pm so workers can get home to be with their families. As as result, most businesses in the region will close at 6:00pm and those that don't will be paying their staff public holiday penalty rates. Most businesses will also be closed tomorrow (Christmas Day) and Thursday (Boxing Day), but many shops - including supermarkets - will reopen as usual on Friday.
Council Offices Close For Christmas
- The South Burnett Regional Councilís customer service centres, libraries, and administration offices will close from noon today for the annual Christmas break, and will re-open for business as usual at 8:30am on Thursday, January 2. Customers who experience emergencies that need Council assistance during the festive season break (eg: burst water main etc) should phone (07) 4189-9100 to be put through to Councilís after hours call centre. However, in a life threatening emergency, you should call 000 instead.
Kingaroy Croquet Club
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Tuesday Night Trivia - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be holding its regular Tuesday Night Trivia games this evening. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play starts at 7:00pm. Registration is just $2 and play is in teams of six. More details from the RSL: (07) 4162-1755.
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to around noon this morning. New members are very welcome. More details? Call Judy on (07) 4170-0880.
Blackbutt Country Crafters
- The Blackbutt Country Crafters will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The group caters for people interested in crafts and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone June on (07) 4170-0054 or Roslyn on (07) 4163-0682
Yarraman Indoor Bowls
- The Yarraman Indoor Bowls Club will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Lutheran Church Hall in McDaniel Street, Yarraman at 9:30am this morning. New members are always welcome.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Yarraman Morning Card Games
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be hosting its weekly Tuesday morning 500 card games from 10:00am to around 1:00pm today, followed by a light lunch. Playing fees - which include lunch and a lucky door prize ticket - are just $5. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Heritage House on (07) 4163-8111.
Social Bowls - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street, Nanango will be holding social lawn bowls games from 12:30pm this afternoon. Dress standard is mufti and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Danny's Diner - Kingaroy
- Danny's Diner - a free community dinner - will be held at the Uniting Church Hall at the corner of Alford and Youngman streets in Kingaroy from 5:30pm to 7:00pm tonight. The dinner is an initiative of the Kingaroy District Ministry Association for the benefit of anyone who's hungry or otherwise doing it tough. While an RSVP isn't essential, it would be appreciated to help plan the catering. You can make one by phoning Lenelle on (07) 4162-8482. You can also read more about Danny's Diner on our website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Nanango
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Nanango every Tuesday from 5:30pm at the Catholic Church Hall in Alfred Street (next to St Patrick's school). For more information, phone 0427-289-990.