Nanango Christmas Race Meeting
- The Nanango Race Club will be holding their annual Christmas Race Meeting at the Lee Park Raceway off the D'Aguilar Highway just south of Nanango from 11:00am to around 5:00pm today. Today's races will have an "It's All About Christmas" theme and everyone is encouraged to dress up in their best Christmas hats and/or outfits to be in the running for some great Moffatdale Ridge Fashions Of The Field prizes. The race club's popular Champagne Bar will be serving up platters all day if you fancy a bite; a licensed bar and BBQ will be operating under the extended covered area; the race club canteen will be open for sit-down dining; children will be catered for with face-painting and ice creams plus a visit from Santa Claus; and there'll be plenty of bookmakers and an on-course tote in the betting ring. A lot of people like to use the Christmas race meeting for festive season parties and you're welcome to picnic on the lawns or even bring your own marquee if you like. This will be a 5 race meeting and buses will be running to the races from Kingaroy's Glendon Street Bus Depot (12:00 noon) and the rear of Nanango's Fitzroy Hotel at 12:30pm. The first race will leave the barriers around 1:20pm but gates will open at 11:00am so go-getters can get a head start on that all-important socialising. Admission is just $10 for adults and $5 for pensioners (under-15s are free). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Rosemary on (07) 4163-2346 or email her.
Santa Visits Yarraman
- Santa Claus will be paying a visit to the Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman from 3:00pm to 6:00pm this afternoon. There'll be free fruit poppers and iceblocks for children, and parents can get their child's photo taken with the jolly gentleman while children give him their Christmas wish lift. There'll also be hot dogs, cheerios, sausages and steak sandwiches available for sale if you get peckish. Everyone is welcome!
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Kingaroy Community Christmas Carols
- The annual Kingaroy Community Christmas Carols will be held this evening at Kingaroy Town Hall. Food stalls will be open in the Glendon Street Forecourt from 5:00pm with the concert inside from 6:00pm. BYO cushions, chairs and blankets for a fun community get-together (there'll be some chairs at the rear of the hall for older folk!). Enjoy community sing-alongs of favorite carols along with the angelic voices of local children, youth and adult choirs. Organisers are encouraging people to dress in "Bible times" costumes. Funds raised on the night will support local school chaplains. More info? Contact Ruth on 0447-812-789.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Country Music Friends - Yarraman
- The Country Music Friends will be holding their first Sunday of the month informal concert at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are very welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Jenny on (07) 4163-2469.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Moffatdale Boutique Markets - Yallakool
- The quarterly Moffatdale Boutique Markets will be running at the Yallakool Tourist Park on Bjelke-Petersen Dam from 8:00am to 2:00pm today. The markets offer a wide range of hand-made goods and this month - with Christmas not far away - stallholders will have a lot of Christmas gift options available as well as their usual wares.
Break Up & Trophy Presentation - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Ten Pin Bowl & Mini Putt-Putt on the Bunya Highway west of Kingaroy will be holding their annual Break Up & Trophy Presentation from 1:30pm to around 4:00pm this afternoon. All family and friends of bowlers are welcome along, and players can get two games for $18.50 per person (but non-players can play for free). Trophies will be presented after first game and nibbles will be provided, too. The bowling rink's canteen will be open as well. More details? Phone the Ten Pin Bowl on (07) 4162-4544.
Benarkin P&C Pizza Party
- Benarkin State School P&C will be hosting a Pizza Party at the school in Scott Street, Benarkin from 5:00pm to around 7:30pm tonight to officially open the school's new tuck shop. Wood-fired pizzas will be available for a modest fee and everyone is welcome!
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.