New Year's Eve Family Rodeo - Goomeri
- The Goomeri and District Show Society will be holding their popular annual New Year's Eve Family Rodeo at the Goomeri Showgrounds today and tonight to help ring in the New Year. Gates will open and junior rodeo action will commence at 8:00am; pre-performance events will begin at 1:00pm; and the main rodeo will kick off around 5:00pm and continue into the evening. The event is a full bull & bronc NRA-affiliated Rodeo so you can be certain of seeing some really top class rodeo action. Events on offer include an Open Bull Ride, Saddle and Bareback Broncs, Time Event Stock and the must-have Poddy Ride for all the junior cowboys and cowgirls. And after the rodeo concludes there'll be toe-tapping live entertainment until late. A fully licensed bar and BBQ will be operating all day and night, and there's also free unpowered camping sites available on the grounds if you want to stay over after the party winds down around 1:00am. Entry fees are $20 for adults, $15 for young people aged 12 to 17 (under-12s are free) or $50 for a family of four. Everyone is welcome! More details? Email the Goomeri Show Society.
Hawaiian Night - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be holding a New Years Eve Party from 8:00pm until late tonight. The party will have a Hawaiian theme and will feature a Tiki drinks bar, a photo booth and live entertainment from Footsteps. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Neon Party - Nanango
- The Palace Hotel & Kitchen in Drayton Street, Nanango will be holding a Neon Party from 6:00pm to 2:00am tonight to welcome in the New Year. Guests are encouraged to wear neon bright clothes and in addition to live music there'll be a jumping castle and face painting for children; a pig on a spit; prizes and raffles; and free pick-up and drop-off for locals who'd rather leave their car at home. Admission is by gold coin and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Beau at the hotel on (07) 4163-1287.
New Years Eve Party - Hivesville
- The Hivesville Hotel will be holding a New Years Eve Party from 5:30pm until late tonight. The party will feature a jumping castle and gladiator duelling for children, food and drinks, plus a mechanical bull and live music from 8:00pm. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4168-9876.
Pete & Pommers - Yarraman
- Toowoomba entertainers Pete and Pommers will be performing country rock and pub rock at the Royal Hotel on the D'Aguilar Highway in Yarraman from 8:00pm until late tonight to help welcome in the New Year. The get-together will also have a beach party theme, so guests are encouraged to wear their best Hawaiian shirts and/or beach gear. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-8219.
Sharryn Bell - Maidenwell
- The historic Maidenwell Hotel in Maidenwell will be celebrating the New Year with a concert by country, rock and pop performer Sharryn Bell and her band that will run from 8:00pm until late tonight. There's also free camping available next door in the Maidenwell Sports Grounds if you want to stay over. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the pub on (07) 4164-6133.
Rib & Prawns Night - Cooyar
- The Cooyar Hotel on the News England Highway at Cooyar will be ringing in the New Year with a Rib & Prawns Night from 6:30pm this evening, along with live music from Kieran Lillis from 8:00pm until late. There's also free camping available nearby if you want to stay over. More details? Bookings? Phone the hotel on (07) 4692-6185.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Nanango
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Nanango every Tuesday from 5:30pm at the Catholic Church Hall in Alfred Street (next to St Patrick's school). For more information, phone 0427-289-990.