May 26, 2022
A community information meeting about the South Burnett’s first solar farm will be held in Kingaroy next Wednesday (June 1).
The 130ha solar farm – which will be built on Kingaroy-Barkers Creek Road about three kilometres east of Kingaroy’s CBD – received State and Council approvals in early 2020.
International energy company Mytilineos is now the owner, builder and operator of the Kingaroy Solar Farm after acquiring the project from Terrain Solar in 2019.
Mytilineos will be holding a community information meeting at Kingaroy RSL from 5:30pm to 7:30pm on June 1.
The session will discuss the project and explain the company’s plans to mitigate potential impacts during construction.
The meeting will also give the public an opportunity to have any questions they have about the project answered.
- Solar Farm Gets Green Light
- No Decision Yet On Solar Farm
- Mystery Clouds Solar Farm Vote
- Solar Farm Back Before Council
- Solar Farm Proposal Rejected
- Solar Farm Guidelines Unveiled
- Grazing Plan For Solar Farm
- Will Kingaroy Solar Farm Be Next?
- New Guidelines For Solar Farms
- Solar Farm Plan Submitted To Council
[UPDATED with correction]