May 11, 2021
There were 650 head yarded at Murgon’s latest fortnightly combined agents sale on Tuesday (May 11).
Values were fully firm throughout based on the previous sale.
Cattle were drawn from Kandanga, Lower Wonga, Gayndah, Nanango, Proston, Durong, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Bulls topped at $3.13/kg and $2780
- Bullocks topped at $3.68/kg and $2190
- Heavy Cows over 500kg sold to $3.08/kg and $1880, averaging $2.88/kg
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $3.03/kg, for an average of $2.78/kg
- Lighter Cows under 400kg sold to $2.69/kg
- Export heifers topped at $3.60/kg and $1750
- 470kg Droughtmaster cross steers from Wondai sold for $1900 at $4.04/kg
- 440kg Murray Grey steers sold to $4.32/kg, returning $1900
- Local 405kg Belmont red steers sold for $1660 at $4.09/kg
- Droughtmaster steers from Wondai weighing 339kg sold to $5.10/kg and $1730
- 318kg Charbray steers from Goomeri sold for $4.84/kg and $1540
- Droughtmaster cross steers from Tansey sold to $4.78/kg, returning $1460
- Charbray weaner steers from Windera sold for $5.86/kg and $1450
- Brangus weaner steers from Manyung sold for $1180 at $5.27/kg
- Droughtmaster cross weaner steers from Windera sold to $5.28/kg and $1109
- 270kg Droughtmaster weaner steers from Lower Wonga sold to $1295 at $4.85/kg
- 400kg Charolais heifers from Moffatdale sold to $1655 at $4.12/kg
- Murray Grey cross heifers from Boondooma sold for $1420 at $4.32/kg
- 358kg Simmental cross heifers – also from Boondooma – sold to $1540 at $4.30/kg
- Charbray weaner heifers from Windera sold for $1270 at $5.19/kg
- Santa cross weaner heifers from Windera sold for $1030 at $5.10/kg
- Brangus weaner heifers from Kandanga sold for $1123 at $4.99/kg
- Braford Cows & Calves sold to $2500
The next Murgon sale will be on Tuesday, May 25 at 8:00 am.