December 3, 2020
A reduced yarding at Coolabunia’s Fat and Store Sale on Tuesday saw prices hold solid for the majority of quality cattle on offer.
Meatworks cattle moved down in line with grid prices, but there was good demand across all sectors.
Quality breeder heifers were particularly strong and commanded higher prices than steers.
- Steers up to 200kg sold to $4.31/kg, returning $848
- Steers 200-300kg sold at an average of $3.63/kg and $915
- Steers 300-400kg sold to $3.67/kg and $1450
- Steers 400-650kg sold to $3.35/kg, returning $1993
- Heifers up to 200kg sold for $3.91/kg at $731
- Heifers 200-300kg sold to $3.75/kg, returning $1086
- Heifers 300-400kg sold for an average of $2.71/kg and $1048
- Heifers Over 400kg sold to $3.25/kg, returning $1480
- Cows Up To 400kg sold for an average of $2.55/kg and $925
- Cows 400-520kg sold to $3.35/kg and $1676
- Cows over 520kg sold for an average $2.70/kg and $1529
- Bulls to 450kg sold for $3.19/kg at $1309
- Bulls 450-600kg sold at $2.76/kg at $1464
- Bulls Over 600kg sold to $2.96/kg, returning $2799
* * *
Combined agents yarded 1100 head in Murgon on Tuesday.
Export cattle were flatter and trended down on previous sales, with some following grid prices down.
Generally, the condition of the cattle is deteriating along with the weather conditions and the amount of feed in the paddocks.
However, quality heifers targetted tto go back into breeding programs went against the downwards trend and largely held firm.
Cattle were drawn from Theodore, Eidsvold, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Kingaroy, Kilkivan, Kilcoy, Biggenden and the Murgon district.
- 367kg Red Brahman heifers from Boubyjan sold to go into the breeding paddock for $4.31/kg and $1582
- Brahman Brangus cows and calves from Proston sold for $1725 per unit.
- Light weight Grey Brahman steers from Manumbar topped the sale at $5.02/kg and $533
- Heavy Bulls topped at $3.20/kg and $2834.
- Bullocks sold to $3.58/kg and $1862.
- Heaviest steers were sold at $3.31/kg and $2418
- Heavy Cows over 500kg topped at $2.99/kg and $1711, averaging $2.73/kg
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $2.88/kg and $1364, for a $2.64 average including stores
- Lighter Cows under 400kg topped at $3.22/kg
- Export heifers sold to $3.71c and $1516 for a big run of HGP treated heifers to suit a heavy feeder job
- Slaughter steers sold to $4.07/kg at $2200
- Santa Steers from Nanango sold to $4.14/kg and $1687
* * *
The next Fat and Store Sale at Murgon will be held on Tuesday, December 15 at 8:00am. It will be followed by a Special Store Sale at Coolabunia starting at noon.