November 12, 2019
Agents yarded 1050 head at the fortnightly cattle sale in Murgon on Tuesday, November 12.
Values for better quality export cattle were dearer as were heavy feeder types, but all other descriptions remained fully firm with the exception of lighter weaner heifers which were tougher to sell.
Cattle were drawn from Mundubbera, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Durong, Kingaroy, Yarraman, Kilkivan, Gympie and the Murgon district.
- Heavy Bulls sold to $2.96/kg and $2385
- Bullocks sold to $3.35 per kilogram and $2275
- Heavy Cows over 500kg topped at $2.74/kg and $1460
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $2.50/kg, averaging $2.10/kg
- Cows under 400kg topped at $2.31, averaging $1.71/kg
- Export heifers sold to $2.99/kg and $1600
- A draft of Romagnola Angus cross steers from Manyung sold for an average of $3.01/kg for an average of 388kg and $1191, the top being $3.08/kg and $1270
- Droughtmaster steers from Manumbar sold for $1323 at $2.99/kg
- 467kg Droughtmaster steers from Gayndah sold to $1330 at $2.85/kg
- Local Belmont Red steers weighing 395kg sold for $1187 and $3.00/kg
- 368kg Santa cross steers from Crownthorpe sold for $2.99/kg and $1100
- Angus weaner steers from Yarraman sold for $846 at $2.84/kg
- Local Santa weaner steers sold to $2.80/kg to return $756
- 270kg Brahman cross steers from Binjour sold to $2.76/kg and $747
- Santa weaner steers from Gayndah sold to $2.73/kg and $689
- 385kg Limousin cross heifers from Byee sold for $1110 at $2.90/kg
- Angus cross heifers with a weight of 370kg sold to $2.60/kg, returning $960
- Local Angus cross heifers weighing 305kg sold for $2.59/kg and $790
- 330kg Charbray heifers from Tansey sold for $2.54/kg, returning $842
- 290kg Droughtmaster heifers also from Tansey sold for $740 at $2.55/kg
- Charbray weaner heifers from Tansey sold for $723 at $2.48/kg
- The market for lighter weaner heifers under 200kg was very tough
- A small number of cows and calves sold to $790
The next Murgon sale is on Tuesday, November 26 at 8:00am.