Friendship Community Markets - Kingaroy
- The third Saturday of the month Friendship Community Markets will be running at the River Road end of the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 7:00am to around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets are run by the South Burnett Show Society and feature a great range of arts, crafts, fruit and garden stalls, plus unusual bric-a-brac. New stallholders are always very welcome! More details? Phone 0408-880-927. Note: Today's markets will have a "Spring Flair" theme with prizes for the Best Themed Stall, Best Garden Theme and Best Hat.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 8:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Goomeri Food Vans Night
- Goomeri will be holding the first of its new fortnightly Food Van Nights from 5:00pm to around 8:00pm this evening at Goomeri Market Square behind Joe's Grand Hotel. The event will feature a range of food vans from Gympie and the Sunshine Coast offering dishes that are usually unavailable locally (unless you cook them yourself), and it's being run as a fund-raiser for the Goomeri Pumpkin Festival. This is a family friendly, pet friendly and COVID Safe outing with plenty of chairs and tables for you to eat dinner at. There's also no admission charge and everyone is welcome!
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Sudden Death Saturday AFL - Kingaroy
- AFL fans can enjoy a bumper day of footy at Lyle Vidler Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy when the South Burnett Saints host the first round of this year's finals series on home turf. The day will begin at 9:30am with an U12s clash between Coolaroo and the Dalby Swans, and this will be followed by an U14s match at 11:10am between the Toowoomba Tigers and Dalby Swans. At 12:50pm, the Saints' women's team will take to the field to battle it out with the Goondiwindi Hawks, and they'll be followed by the Saints' men's team at 2:30pm, who'll take on the Dalby Swans. All today's matches are Elimination Finals (ie. sudden death), with the winners going through to the Preliminary Finals while the losers finish their season. The Grand Final will be played in Toowoomba on October 3. Spectators are very welcome at all of today's matches, but will need to either stay in their cars or observe proper social distancing. Everyone is welcome!
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.