Wondai Country Markets
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery's popular monthly Wondai Country Markets will be operating at Coronation Park in Wondai's CBD from 7:00am to 12:00 noon today, with stallholders selling everything from fresh fruit and vegetables through to arts and crafts, useful knick-knacks, foods and clothing. There'll also be live entertainment; lots and lots of other stalls selling great gifts and goodies; and special hand-made treasures from local artisans available from the Art Gallery's "Studio" building just a short stroll across the park. The BBQs will also be firing up from 6:45am to dish out hearty breakfasts for early bargain hunters. New stallholders are always very welcome (stall fees range from $10 with power and water available, if needed) and you can obtain more details by phoning the Wondai Regional Art Gallery on (07) 4168-5926.
Karaoke With DJ Richter - Kingaroy
- DJ Richter will be spinning the platters at Kingaroy's Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 7:30pm until late tonight - and he'll be running karaoke sessions as well if you feel like giving it a red hot go. Everyone is welcome but because of COVID restrictions patrons will need to remain seated and there's no dancing. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162-1380
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 8:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Official Reopening Of Blackbutt QCWA Rooms
- Blackbutt's QCWA Rooms in Coulson Street will be officially reopened today after undergoing renovations. The reopening ceremony will be for the branch's members only - a public opening celebration will be held at a later time when pandemic restrictions ease - but from today onwards the rooms will be available for hire to local community groups, and the public are also welcome to inspect the building after the reopening.
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Kilkivan Great Horse Ride AGM
- The Kilkivan Great Horse Ride committee will be holding its Annual General Meeting at the Kilkivan Showgrounds at 88 Mudlo Road, Kilkivan at 9:00am this morning. All positions are open and all interested people who'd like to become involved in organising this popular annual event are very welcome.
Wondai Spring Garden Expo
- CANCELLED: Day 1 of the annual Wondai Spring Garden Expo will be held at Wondai Sportsgrounds on the Bunya Highway from 8:00am until 4:30pm today. Current COVID-19 restrictions will apply. Note: This event was cancelled on August 30 due to changed COVID-19 restrictions.