Nanango Cup Race Meeting
- The Nanango Race Club will be holding their second race meeting since February today by running their deferred Nanango Cup Meeting at the Lee Park Raceway off the D'Aguilar Highway just south of Nanango from 11:00am to around 5:00pm. Today's races will run under COVID Safe conditions and all guests will be required to sign in at the ticket office on arrival and observe proper social distancing. The race club's popular Champagne@TheBit Bar will be serving up platters all day if you fancy a bite; a licensed bar and BBQ will be operating under the extended covered area; seating will be outdoors on the lawn; and there'll be plenty of bookmakers and an on-course tote available in the betting ring to take your wagers. This will be a 5 race meeting and buses will be running to the races from Kingaroy's Glendon Street Bus Depot (12:00 noon) and Nanango's Fitzroy Hotel at 12:30pm. The first race will leave the barriers around 1:30pm but gates will open at 11:00am so go-getters can get a head start on that all-important socialising. Admission is just $10 for adults and $5 for pensioners (under-15s are free). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Rosemary on (07) 4163-2346 or email her.
Festival Of The Dams - Yallakool
- The first day of the weekend-long Festival Of The Dams fishing competition will be held at Bjelke-Petersen Dam northwest of Murgon today. Up to 50 teams will be competing in the two-day event, but there's plenty of fun to be had for spectators too, with markets and food vans opening from breakfast onwards; live music; children's activities; lots of raffles and lunches and dinners available as well. The festival is being sponsored by the South Burnett Regional Council and inexpensive caravan and camping sites and cabins can be booked from the Yallakool Tourist Park. Final competition winners will be announced around lunchtime tomorrow. Note: This is a COVID Safe event and all participants will be required to sign in and observe proper social distancing throughout. Hand sanitiser will be available onsite, or you can BYO.
Queensland Junior Motorcycle State Titles - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bees junior motorcycle speedway club will be hosting the 2020 Queensland Junior Motorcycle State Titles today at the junior motorcycle speedway track inside main ring at the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street. Today's action will see competitors vie for the 125cc solo , the 125cc pairs and 250cc solo titles. Racing starts at 10:00am and spectators are more than welcome to come along to watch the action. Entry is free. NB. The racing which had been planned for Sunday will now be held today!
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Wooroolin Community Markets
- The Wooroolin Community Markets will be held inside the Wooroolin QCWA Rooms on the Bunya Highway at Wooroolin from 6:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets offer stalls, a sausage sizzle, fresh produce, plants and crafts and are run on the 2nd Saturday of every month except January. Stall fees are just $7.50 and new stallholders are always welcome. More details? Phone Janice on 0439-073-160 or send her an email.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 8:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.