- Today is the first Sunday in September: Fathers Day, the counterpoint to Mothers Day and probably the one time of the year that thoughtful children make their Dad breakfast in bed, get him his Ipad so he can read the Sunday news and then stay well out of his hair for at least an hour or two (especially if he was out celebrating last night). If you want to give your Dad a special treat today there are several fun things happening around our region you can take him along to - and there's sure to be something to please him no matter what his interests. Here's what they are:
All Day Fathers Day Breakfast - Nanango
- The Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be running an all-day Fathers Day Breakfast from 9:00am to 2:00pm today. The brekkie will showcase the recently refurbished hotel's new range of food and drinks, and bookings are advisable if you want to secure a seat: (07) 4163-1287.
Fathers Day High Tea and Roast Lunch - Wondai
- Dimities Cottage in Haly Street, Wondai will be hosting a Fathers Day High Tea on their deck from 8:00am to 11:30am, and following this up with a BYO Fathers Day Roast Lunch from noon to around 2:00pm. Tickets for the High Tea are $15 per head, and tickets for the roast lunch (roast beef or pork with seasonal vegetables, followed by either sticky date pudding or pavlova) are $20 for adults and $10 for children. However, bookings are highly advisable: (07) 4168-5744.
Fathers Day Lunch - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets in Kingaroy will be running a Fathers Day Lunch from noon today, offering a free pot of beer with every meal. Bookings are essential, though: (07) 4162-1380.
Fathers Day Lunch - Murgon
- The Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon will be holding a Fathers Day Lunch from noon onwards today. Dads can choose between a meal and a pot for $15, or ramp up to a full three course meal and a pot for $25. Bookings are essential, though: (07) 4168-1819.
Fathers Day Brekkie & Lunch - Murgon
- The Royal Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon will be offering a Fathers Day Big Breakfast from 8:00am to 10:00am this morning, and following it up with a Fathers Day Lunch from noon to 4:00pm. Everyone is welcome! More details? Bookings? Phone the hotel on (07) 4168-1799.
Fathers Day Steak Lunch - Blackbutt
- The Radnor Hotel in Coulson Street, Blackbutt will be offering a Fathers Day Steak Lunch of a 450gm rib fillet steak served with sides and a choice of sauce from noon onwards today. The cost is $39.90 per head and you can make a booking by phoning the hotel on (07) 4163-0203.
Fathers Day At The Carra - Kingaroy
- The Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy will be offering a choice of three Fathers Day lunches today: a Big Daddy Butchers Block for $35; a Premium Surf & Turf for $43; or a Grilled Seafood Plate for $44. Bookings are essential: (07) 4162-1055.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755