St Mary's Catholic College School Formal
- St Mary's Catholic College will be holding their Year 12 School Formal at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, Kingaroy from 5:00pm this evening, and spectators should get to the Glendon Street forecourt earlier than this to secure a place. Note: Glendon Street will be closed between Haly and Alford Streets during the late afternoon to allow cars to deposit students at the red carpet.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Thursday Night Trivia - Nanango
- Trivia games will be played at Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango from 6:00pm tonight, with great prizes on offer. Everyone is welcome but a booking is essential because COVID safety conditions apply. You can make one by phoning the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:30am this morning (doors open at 8:30am; eyes down at 9:30am sharp). Everyone is welcome but a booking is essential to secure a seat because COVID safety restrictions apply. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.