Kingaroy Christmas Carnival AGM
- The annual general meeting of the Kingaroy Christmas Carnival Committee will be held from 7:00pm tonight in the GB Hall at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street. All are welcome. For more information, contact Craig on 0455-993-899.
Proston QCWA Meeting
- The Proston QCWA will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the CWA Rooms in Rodney Street, Proston (just down from the Proston Community Hall) at 9:00am this morning. The group holds a general meeting on the second Tuesday of every month except January, and craft days every Monday, and potential new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-9391.
Graham House Outreach - Blackbutt
- Murgon's Graham House will be bringing their Emergency Relief Outreach Service to the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The service provides assistance with food and utility bills and also runs a no-interest loan scheme, and it's open to anyone experiencing tough times. More details? Phone Graham House on (07) 4169-8400 or 0447-683-492. Note: The Outreach Service will also be returning on October 13 and November 10.
Tuesday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around noon this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4164-5574.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Tuesday Night Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 7:00pm tonight (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the BDTHA on 0458-539-821 or send them an email.
NTC Auditions - Nanango
- The Nanango Theatre Company will be holding the first of two auditions for its December production of the classic radio play "It's A Wonderful Life" at their playhouse in Elk Street, Nanango from 5:00pm to 7:00pm tonight. The NTC are seeking 6-7 actors to read out the main parts, as well as others to create sound effects and handle the back-of-stage work. The play will be performed four times in early December and everyone who'd like to try out for it is very welcome! Note: The second (and final) auditions will be held at the same venue this Thursday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.