January 12, 2021
Federal Member for Wide Bay Llew O’Brien has welcomed the approval of funding for several road upgrade projects in the local region.
The Federal Government has approved funding for projects in Gympie, Cherbourg and the South Burnett as part of its $1.5 billion Local Road and Community Infrastructure Program.
“This new program will support jobs, construction businesses and economic growth across Wide Bay, and it will also improve road safety and bolster the resilience of our local road networks, improving access for freight, tourism and local road users,” Mr O’Brien said.
The projects to receive funding include:
- $39,849 towards a $275,000 project upgrading and sealing several roads around Cherbourg – supporting 5 jobs
- $147,000 to widen Amamoor Creek Road (10 jobs)
- $335,000 to seal roads in Brooloo Township (10 jobs)
- $350,000 to widen Eel Creek Road (10 jobs)
- $13,802 for a bicycle and walking path on Excelsior Road Footpath (6 jobs)
- $61,000 for a bicycle and walking path on Mellor Street (6 jobs)
- $455,000 for widening Rocks Road at Pie Creek (10 jobs)
- $85,712 to re-seal Silverleaf Road between Barlil Road and Lancasters Road, and between Brand Road and Bradleys Road, supporting 0.1 FTE jobs
- $38,500 to re-seal Verdelho Drive at Moffatdale (0.1 FTE jobs)