December 11, 2020
South Burnett Regional Council announced on Friday afternoon that the planned turning-of-the-sod ceremony for the Kingaroy Transformation Project won’t be going ahead as planned on Monday.
A spokesperson said the “groundbreaking” ceremony had been rescheduled to January 18.
The spokesperson said the event had been postponed due to an urgent Cabinet meeting involving Member for Maranoa David Littleproud, who will perform the ceremony.
“South Burnett Regional Council is immensely appreciative for the $4.5 million contribution through the Federal Government’s Building Better Regions Fund,” Mayor Brett Otto said.
“Therefore we have decided to postpone the event to ensure Minister Littleproud’s attendance.”
- Kingaroy Project Hits $13.9m
- $2.1m Plan Added To CBD Upgrade
- Dark Fibre Plan For CBD
- SBRC Opens KTP Site Office
- Info Sessions About Streetscape
- Final Streetscape Plans Unveiled
- $11.3m Facelift Gets Green Light
- Council Unveils $11m CBD Plans
- Third Try For Streetscape Grant
- Council Seeks State Funds For CBD
- Council Misses Out On $4m Grant
- Council Drafts $8m Streetscape Plan
- Council Delays CBD Upgrade
- Kingaroy Streetscape Put On Hold
- CBD Ideas Draw Few Responses
- Reaction To Streetscape ‘Positive’
- Meet The Future Face Of Kingaroy
- Business Meetings For CBD Project
- Public Meetings On Kingaroy CBD Upgrade
- Kingaroy Streetscape Plans Progressing
- Consultants Working On Concept Plan
- Council Plans $8m CBD Upgrade