October 8, 2020
Combined agents yarded 900 head in Murgon on Tuesday with all descriptions selling to strong rates, especially light weaner cattle.
Weaner steers sold to $5.36/kg and heifers to $4.66/kg.
Feeder and Export cattle also sold strongly.
Cattle were drawn from Mundubbera, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Durong, Kingaroy, Nanango, Yarraman, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Heavy Bulls topped at $3.17/kg and $2280
- Bullocks sold to $3.58/kg for $2250
- Heavy Cows over 500kg topped at $3.16/kg and $1990, averaging $2.87/kg
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $3.10/kg for a $2.78/kg average
- Lighter Cows under 400kg topped at $2.55/kg
- Export heifers topped at $3.50/kg and $1960
- Local Brangus steers weighing 452kg sold for $3.93/kg to return $,780
- 418kg Belmont Red steers from Murgon sold for $1640 at $3.92/kg
- Local 347kg Santa steers sold for $1418 at $4.08/kg
- 330kg Droughtmaster steers from Murgon sold for $4.04/kg and $1330
- 300kg Santa steers from Nanango sold to $1200 at $4.02/kg
- Charolais cross weaner steers from Manumbar sold to $4.89/kg, returning $1060
- Droughtmaster weaner steers from Tansey sold for $1010 at $4.50/kg
- Two pens of Charolais cross weaner steers from Goomeri sold for $4.41/kg to return $1201 and $977, respectively
- Angus cross weaner steers from Mondure sold to $5.29/kg at $1024
- Braford weaner steers from Wondai sold to $868 at $5.36/kg
- Simmental cross steers from Mt Perry sold to $909 at $5.31/kg
- Two pens of light Limousin steers sold at $5.25/kg for $1039 and $823
- Angus cross steers from Binjour sold to $937 at $5.12/kg
- Local Simmental steers sold to $5.08/kg and $922
- 436kg Brangus heifers from Gayndah sold for $1530 at $3.50/kg
- 352kg Charbray heifers from Nanango sold for $1350 at $3.84/kg
- Charbray heifers from Booubyjan sold to $4.18/kg, returning $890
- 311kg Brahman cross heifers from Nanango sold for $3.84/kg, returning $1195
- Santa cross heifers from Windera sold for $4.36/kg for $908
- 230kg Brahman heifers from Kilkivan sold for $4.15/kg at $956
- Angus cross weaner heifers from Mondure sold for $902 at $4.66/kg
- Santa cross heifers from Wondai sold to $775 at $4.60/kg
- A big percentage of the better quality weaner heifers sold from $4.00/kg to $4.20/kg
- Cows and calves sold to $1890
The next fortnightly Murgon sale will be held at the Murgon Saleyards on Tuesday, October 20 at 8:00am.