southburnett.com.au
What's On In The South Burnett Today?

Qld COVID-19 Tally Hits 443

Filed under Breaking News, COVID-19, Health, Latest News

March 25, 2020

There are now 443 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Queensland after the State’s tally officially rose by 46 on Wednesday.

Health Minister Steven Miles said most cases still involved people returning from overseas.

Two of the confirmed cases are in intensive care.

Also on Wednesday, Queensland Health issued a Public Health Alert for the Sunshine Coast after four staff members who served patrons at Sails Restaurant in Noosa last week tested positive.

This followed the news that at least 20 people associated with a private function at Sails Restaurant on March 14 had been confirmed as having COVID-19.

The staff members worked at the restaurant on Wednesday, August 18, from 4:00pm-11:15pm and on Thursday, March 19, from 3:00pm-10:00pm while unknowingly infectious.

Queensland Health is calling for people who attended the restaurant during these times to monitor their health for 14 days from those dates and see a doctor immediately if they develop any symptoms.

While the risk is very low, some patrons could potentially have been exposed, a Queensland Health spokesperson said.

There is no risk to anyone who has been to this restaurant before or after this period.

Sails Restaurant has been closed since March 23.

* * *

There are now 16 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Darling Downs Hospital and Health Service region – up one since Tuesday.

This latest confirmed case is from Toowoomba, and is a direct contact to a confirmed case of a returned traveller.

“Contact tracing is underway for this new case. Our public health team is working hard to ensure all community members who were in contact with confirmed cases and are at a high risk are notified,” a spokesperson said.

Queensland Health said there were also seven confirmed cases in the Wide Bay Health region, an increase of one on Tuesday’s total.

The largest number of confirmed cases are in the Metro North region (124), Metro South (104), Gold Coast (87) and Sunshine Coast (52).

Queensland Health confirmed on Wednesday night that a second Queenslander – a former passenger on a cruise ship – had died from COVID-19.

The 68-year-old Toowoomba man had a serious underlying medical condition before contracting the virus.

[UPDATED]


SPONSORED LINKS:
Protect yourself from COVID-19 - click hereEat fresh at Anderssons Fruit Market - click here
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *