June 28, 2019
Murgon Mustangs are hosting a huge two days of rugby league action this weekend with some of the best young players in country Queensland ready to show off their skills on the paddock.
The combined Under 18 and Under 20 47th Battalion carnival will feature teams from the South Burnett, Bundaberg, Central Highlands, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Roma, Toowoomba and the Queensland Outback.
The games will be played across two fields at Murgon Sportsgrounds.
Kick-off is at 9:00am on Saturday (June 29) with the finals for the Trophy and Plate starting at 9:00am on Sunday.
A QRL spokesperson said the U18 and U20 carnival provided an opportunity for junior players who were not currently playing in Meninga Cup or Colts competitions to play high-level representative rugby league.
At the end of the carnival, Under 18 and Under 20 Central Crows teams will be selected to play South-East Queensland on July 27 at Bishop Park in Nundah.
QRL Central Region Program Manager Jodie Teys said the carnival was a great opportunity for young players from regional areas to “really shine”.
Games scores will be updated online
Entry fees to the grounds each day are: Adults $4, pensioners $2, students $1 and children under 13 free.
* * *
U18 SB Eagles Team
1. Matthew Mladenovic 2. Dion Handford 3. Daron Bligh 4. Kaia Williams 5. Sonny Weazel 6. Tyreece Gyemore 7. Ryley Drayton 8. Jack Sullivan 9. Jaspar Millar 10. Alex Pomfret 11. Harry Wilson 12. Dan English 13. Edward Aubrey 14. Blake Jackson 15. Tyson Ellul 16. Jakeb Mead 17. Caleb Holland 18. Tristan Sanders 19. Ethan Norris
Coach: Mitchell Cush
U20 SB Eagles Team
1. George Fisher 2. San Jaya Pa 3. Errol Simpson 4. Maurice Fisher 5. Bailey Groube 6. Barry Tapau-Fewquandie 7. Kirby Rubesaame 8. Andrew Champney 9. James Christensen 10. Connor Sullivan 11. Peter Langton 12. Luke Dudgeon 13. Elwyn Fewquandie 14. Kane Brunjes 15. Darien Jackson 16. Richard Conlon 17. Kacey Lynas 18. Lloyd Saltner 19. Bronson Fogarty
Coach: Dennis Moore
* * *
* * *
In other rugby league news:
The Central Crows junior teams were selected at the end of the recent Central Division Junior Carnival in Bundaberg.
Several Burnett players were selected to play in the Crows teams for this year’s State Championships which will be held at the Sunshine Coast Stadium from July 4-7.
Under 14 Boys
- Joel Fewquandie (Wide Bay Bulls)
- Cayleb Johnson (Wide Bay Bulls)
- Dominique Sandow (Wide Bay Bulls)
Under 16 Boys
- Glen Fisher (Wide Bay Bulls)
Under 16 Girls
- Traevonnah Fisher (Wide Bay Bulls)
- Skye Girrard (Wide Bay Bulls)
As well a 30-player development squad for Under 13s was selected for further training: Wide Bay Bulls selections are Dominic Bunyoung, Dawson Hess, Kevin Langton, Thomas Morcom, Ethan Norman and Christian Simpson.