Thieves Target Cars, Motorbike
June 13, 2019
Cars and a motorbike have been targeted in recent incidents in Wondai, Murgon and Cherbourg.
About 10:00pm on May 19, thieves climbed through an open window of a residence in Scott Street, Wondai, and stole a set of car keys.
They then stole a car from the address which was later located by police burnt out on Old Wondai Road.
This incident followed an unsuccessful attempt a day earlier to steal a vehicle in Murgon.
About 7:45pm on May 18, thieves stole car keys from a person at a business in Lamb Street. They then attempted to steal a vehicle but set an alarm off.
Between 4:00am and 4:20am on May 19, thieves also broke into a home in Jerome Street, Cherbourg, by damaging a door.
Once inside, they found a set of keys and then attempted to steal a vehicle parked at the address.
However, an alarm was activated and they fled.
A 25-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court July 2 charged with wilful damage.
About 2:10am on May 21, thieves entered a shed on a property on Cherbourg Road at Murgon and stole an unsecured motorcycle.
Police later located the motorcycle in Cherbourg. Investigations are continuing.
* * *
- Three Murgon boys – aged 13, 14 and 15 – will be dealt with under the Youth Justice Act after an incident which occurred about midnight on May 19 in Stephens Street, Murgon. Police allege they entered a storage area under a house and stole property.
- A 23-year-old Murgon woman and a 33-year-old Cherbourg woman will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on June 11, both charged with stealing. Police allege they entered a business on Lamb Street, Murgon about 4:30am on May 21 and shoplifted multiple items.
Investigations are continuing into a number of other property offences:
- Between 4:00pm on May 18 and 2:30am the next day, thieves used an implement to break into a locked vehicle in Nutt Street, Murgon.
- Between 1:30pm on May 18 and 2:00pm the next day, thieves stole various items from a business on the Bunya Highway at Wondai after they entered through an unsecured window.
- Between 8:00pm on May 19 and 5:30pm on May 21, vandals smashed multiple windows at a business on the Bunya Highway, Wondai.
- May 19 – About 8:30pm, thieves stole various personal items from an unlocked vehicle in Cadell Street, Wondai.
- May 19 – About 1:10am, a window was smashed at an address in Lamb Street, Murgon.
- May 19 – About 1:45am, would-be thieves targeted an unlocked vehicle parked is a driveway of a home in Goodchild Drive, Murgon. They searched the vehicle but don’t appear to have stolen anything.
- May 19 – About 1:45am, a resident scared off would-be thieves who entered a residence in Shelton Street, Murgon, after damaging a door.
- May 20 – About 6:10am, thieves stole fuel from a vehicle parked in Cobbo Street, Cherbourg.
- May 23 – About 4:00am, unknown offenders attempted to gain entry to a business in Fisher Street, Cherbourg, damaging a door.
- May 23 – Between 1:00pm and 1:30pm, thieves entered a business on Lamb Street, Murgon, and stole items from the shelves.
- May 24 – About 12:10pm, a thief stole various items from shelves from a Lamb Street business.
- Between 2:30pm on May 24 and 7:15am on May 27, thieves entered a business in Gore Street, Murgon, through an unsecured door and stole small amount of change.
- May 25 – About 1:00pm, a door was damaged at a business in Lamb Street, Murgon, by people attempting to gain access.
- May 26 – About 4:45pm, a thief stole items from a business in Mackenzie Street, Wondai.
- May 28 – About 5:00pm, a windscreen of a vehicle parked in Douglas Street, Murgon, was damaged.
- May 29 – About 5:15pm, thieves stole items from a business in Lamb Street, Murgon.
* * *
- A 44-year-old Cherbourg woman will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on July 2 charged with drug driving after police stopped a vehicle on Cherbourg Road at 10:40am on May 18.
- A 32-year-old Wondai man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on June 18 charged with drink driving after police stopped his vehicle about 5:50pm on May 18 on Lower Red Hill Road, Wondai.
* * *
- An 18-year-old Kingaroy woman will appear in Cherbourg Magistrates Court on June 20 charged with possessing drugs and drug utensils after police searched her about 9:45am on May 18 in Beattie Street, Cherbourg.
* * *
Police from Murgon, Cherbourg and Wondai responded to a variety of incidents between May 17-24 including drug, traffic offences and property offences. They also attended five calls related to domestic violence, issued five infringement notices for life-endangering traffic offences and performed 35 Roadside Breath Tests.