April 26, 2019
Can’t wait to vote? There will be two polling booths open in the South Burnett for people who need to cast their votes ahead of the May 18 Federal Election.
In Kingaroy, votes can can cast in the Stanwell Room at SBcare (the Senior Citizens Centre) :
- May 6 to May 9 – 8:30am to 5:30pm
- May 10 – 8:30am to 5:30pm
- May 11 – 9:00am to 4:00pm
- May 13 to May 14 – 8:30am to 5:30pm
- May 15 – 8:30am to 6:00pm
- May 16 – 8:30am to 5:30pm
- May 17 – 8:30am to 6:00pm
In Nanango, votes can be cast between May 13-17 at 26A Fitzroy Street, between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
Both venues offer assisted wheelchair access.
Voters can also apply for a postal vote.
Applications close at 6:00pm on May 15.
* * *
Early Voting Eligibility
The Australian Electoral Commission says residents can vote early, either in person or by post, if on election day they:
- Are outside the electorate where they are enrolled to vote
- Are more than 8km from a polling place
- Are travelling
- Are unable to leave their workplace to vote
- Are seriously ill, infirm or due to give birth shortly (or caring for someone who is)
- Are a patient in hospital and can’t vote at the hospital
- Have religious beliefs that prevent them from attending a polling place
- Are in prison serving a sentence of less than three years or otherwise detained
- Are a silent elector
- Have a reasonable fear for their safety.