May 23, 2016
In response to a query from the exchange, would-be miner Moreton Resources withdrew a document on Monday which it had submitted to the ASX on May 18.
This document was a summary of an update presented to the South Burnett Regional Council last Wednesday.
Moreton re-submitted a new version of the document, minus a page which had highlighted information from a pre-feasibility study for the proposed mine.
According to a statement from managing director Jason Elks, the ASX had expressed concern that certain statements made in the announcement were not consistent with new guidelines issued last month by ASIC in respect of “forward looking” statements (which now prescribes certain additional information requirements for disclosure).
“The company wishes to clarify that this was not its intention and, in an effort to avoid any potential confusion or conjecture, it withdraws the announcement and hereby substitutes it with the attached,” Mr Elks said.
[UPDATED with correction]
- Market Awaits Moreton News
- Moreton Predicts 400-600 Jobs At Mine
- Airport Blocks Cut From Coal Permit
- KCCG Rejects Phone Poll
- Phone Poll Backs Mine: Moreton
- Moreton Takes Mining Plan Out To The People
- KCCG Will Speak To Council
- Nannas Knit Against Mine
- KCCG Meets With State Government
- Coal Mine Fight Spreads
- Moreton Resources Unveils Mine Partner
- Meetings To Discuss Mine
- Moreton Plans To Start Seeking Permits
- Moreton’s Coal ‘Too Expensive’
- Kingaroy Coal Mine? No Way!
- Public Meeting To Discuss Coal Mine
- Stanwell Still Says ‘No’
- Moreton Releases Mine Study Results
- Moreton Resources Eyes Rail Link
- Moreton Buys More Resources
- Mining CEO Talks To Council
- KCCG Sees No Future For Mine
- Green Light For ‘Next Step’
- Moreton Board To Consider ‘Next Step’
- Moreton Resources Splits Off South Burnett Holdings
- Moreton Resources Extends Licence
- Controversial UCG Plant Vanishes
- UCG Plant Starts To Disappear
- Moreton To Begin Mine Concept Study
- Moreton Responds To MP’s Comments
- Moreton Aims To Press On
- Stanwell ‘Rejecting Billions In Savings’
- Stanwell Rules Out Moreton Coal
- ‘Enough Coal For 30-Plus Years’
- Concept Study Next Step For Proposed Coal Mine
- Moreton Triples Coal Estimates
- Coal Mine Review Delayed To July