The Sound Of Music - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Musical Comedy Society's production of the all-time classic "The Sound Of Music" will be having its final South Burnett performance at the Kingaroy Performing Arts Centre at the end of Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 2:00pm this afternoon. The Sound Of Music began in 1959 as a stage musical composed by Rodgers and Hammerstein, and become internationally famous when it was converted into a movie in 1965 starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer, winning five Academy Awards (including Best Picture and Best Director) and becoming the highest grossing film of all time for the next five years. Tickets to today's performance are $25 for adults, $20 for pensioners and students (under 4s are free) or $100 for a family of 2 adults and 3 children, and can be booked online. After this, one final performance will be held a Toowoomba's Empire Theatre on August 10.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Country Music Friends - Yarraman
- The Country Music Friends will be holding their first Sunday of the month informal concert at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are very welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Jenny on (07) 4163-2469.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday High Tea - Wondai
- Dimities Cottage at 49 Haly Street, Wondai will be holding a $15-per-head High Tea from 10:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. Bookings are essential: (07) 4268-5744.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.